Register Now
CawayGeway

Keyboard typing wrong characters

This happened to me with an old keyboard after I spilled lemonade on it. It was sticky and had some shorts on the board. Had to be replaced.

Assuming you've done basic cleaning and have up to date software for it, probably it needs to be replaced (some you can clean the boards, though...)

Edited by LeoGrun
additional thoughts

When my old ones needed cleaning, I took them apart, put all the keys and the frame in the dishwasher but left the electrical components on my desk. I would let the frame and keys dry overnight, then put it all back together. The keyboard I have now, I wouldn't be able to do that with. I wish I could.

On 7/26/2023 at 6:25 PM, The Blackangel said:

When my old ones needed cleaning, I took them apart, put all the keys and the frame in the dishwasher but left the electrical components on my desk. I would let the frame and keys dry overnight, then put it all back together. The keyboard I have now, I wouldn't be able to do that with. I wish I could.

I never actually thought to do anything like that and to be honest, would have been worried that the keys would have got lost in the dishwasher. 

This is good to know though as sometimes, the keys can be the most difficult to clean with them being so small and a dishwasher has the ability to get access to areas we may struggle with.