Register Now
Dismal_Bliss

Look what I got :D

On 2/15/2024 at 5:24 PM, killamch89 said:

Why don't you get them Smash Ultimate

I will mention this to them. They love the Switch.

I am admittedly team Playstation, when I am not busy in real life, so I don't pay much attention to the world of video games outside this arena.

Mine is the original Switch, and although I have the option of docking it, I just keep it handheld. The games I mostly play are FF8, Link's Awakening, Layers Of Fear, and AVGN I & II. I have 130 DDL's an 20-something carts, so I have no shortage on that system. But either way, It's an awesome setup.

On 3/10/2024 at 12:29 PM, Dismal_Bliss said:

I am admittedly team Playstation, when I am not busy in real life, so I don't pay much attention to the world of video games outside this arena.

You could mention games like Link's Awakening to them if they're into fantasy games like that. I think they would really enjoy it. But be warned, it's a hell of a lot harder to steal from the town shop in the Switch version than it is on the Game Boy.

On 3/10/2024 at 12:29 PM, Dismal_Bliss said:

I see - If you want another recommendation, there's Mario Kart also.

On 3/11/2024 at 5:06 PM, The Blackangel said:

You could mention games like Link's Awakening to them if they're into fantasy games like that.

My wife and my daughter both said the Zelda games are fantastic (part 1 being Breath of the Wild, I believe). They know I am a Final Fantasy fan and they say that the latest Zelda games would be right up my alley.

I've played BOTW a bit, but I'm not a fan. Yet. I'm trying to give it as much of a chance as I can. The graphics are a little bit cartooney for my taste, especially after the beauty of Twilight Princess. My biggest gripe with is is that rupees are extremely rare.

With FF, I highly recommend FF8. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it and wholeheartedly thing others will. It's a bit boring in what would be the first disc era, but after you fight Edea in Deling City, the game really picks up. I've always considered disc 1 more of a training and learning phase for the rest of the game. If you want, I can give you a lot of pointers. I know how to virtually make my characters invincible just by junctioning magic. I can also help you find every GF, and some rare items.