Register Now
Dismal_Bliss

Sony announces "The Last of Us, Part 2 Remastered" for PS5

Article Source: https://www.theverge.com/2023/11/17/23966254/the-last-of-us-part-ii-ps5-remaster-leaks

It will come to PlayStation 5 with a new "roguelike survival game mode", and PS4 owners of this sequel can upgrade for $10.

In addition to better graphics and frame rates, there’s also a new guitar free play mode with unlockable instruments, the ability to experience some incomplete levels that were cut from the original game, developer commentary for those cut levels and the main campaign’s cutscenes, and a speed run mode.

For $10, I will upgrade and play it again.

2 hours ago, Shagger said:

have Naughty Dog and Sony not milked this enough?

Apparently not, lol.

But the timing is suprising. They release the PS5 remaster of Part 1 in conjunction with the first season of the HBO show. I expected a PS5 remake of Part 2 to come out around the time the second season of the HBO show was ready. But alas, it's coming in January instead.

I feel like The Last Of Us is becoming more like Resident Evil 4 at this point lol. Well seeing how I never actually got around to playing the two games, perhaps I'll finally pick up the PS5 editions and play the definitive versions of the games. I suppose it somewhat makes sense since the show is currently airing and that's the perfect time to bring the games back in the limelight to get those who have watched the show to play the games if they haven't done so yet.

On 11/30/2023 at 7:30 PM, Ravenfreak said:

I feel like The Last Of Us is becoming more like Resident Evil 4 at this point lol.

Would you believe I have never played the Resident Evil games. I bought 7 or 8 from the PlayStation store at the request of my son, and tried it for only a few minutes.

I'm not fond of 1st person POV where you are looking out of the eyes of your character. I like to see my character on screen.