Register Now
Kane99

People trying to get like new prices for cart/disc only games

Have you ever been to a store or shopped online and saw games without the case going for as much or even more as their in box counterpart? I've heard that a lot of sellers and resellers do this on ebay and other sites, they will look at the price charting price and pick the best price they can find. Smart collectors will simply ignore these listings, but people who are going for nostalgia and just want to get the game they played as a kid will likely put up the money for it. 

Do you ever let the shop owner know the prices aren't appropriate? I know people can sell for whatever price they want, but isn't there a time where you should give your opinion on the pricing? Especially if you saw other stores/shops selling for much cheaper? What would you do? 

Honestly, it doesn't matter whether you should give your opinion on the pricing or not, it's never going to change the mind of the store owner and what he or she wants to sell his item. I would say that there's possibility for part of this issue to fall on the effect of what scalpers do in the gaming industry. 

29 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I see it all the time on Ebay. A lot of older games are going for very ridiculous prices that I wouldn't even buy most modern games for.

Exactly! Funny enough, there are so many people who are paying that high fee for such games because if they don't, those sellers won't have the courage to set the prices so. 

On 2/16/2024 at 5:15 PM, Heatman said:

Exactly! Funny enough, there are so many people who are paying that high fee for such games because if they don't, those sellers won't have the courage to set the prices so. 

That's a valid point - there's always someone gullible enough to buy them so the sellers won't reduce their prices because they know whatever they selling will always be in demand.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's a valid point - there's always someone gullible enough to buy them so the sellers won't reduce their prices because they know whatever they selling will always be in demand.

Facts! I've seen it happen over and over again for years to know that it's never going to stop, rather it's going to keep skyrocketing. When the narrative of such games being too rare is being sold to buyers, the gullible one's will pay whatever they're asked to. 

On 2/20/2024 at 5:18 AM, Heatman said:

Facts! I've seen it happen over and over again for years to know that it's never going to stop, rather it's going to keep skyrocketing. When the narrative of such games being too rare is being sold to buyers, the gullible one's will pay whatever they're asked to. 

There's always that one fanatic that will pay anything for a rare collectible of the series they adore and don't care about the long-term consequences. Then, those are same ones who turn around and complain about the prices. Absolute insanity!

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

There's always that one fanatic that will pay anything for a rare collectible of the series they adore and don't care about the long-term consequences. Then, those are same ones who turn around and complain about the prices. Absolute insanity!

It's a very shameful act if I'm being really honest about how this makes my skin crawl but it's quite unfortunate that there's nothing I can do about it or even anyone else. It's now a norm in the gaming market.