Register Now
Kane99

Kart Racers as good as Mario Kart?

The Mario Kart series of racing games are GOATED in terms of some of the best kart games you can play. There is no bad Mario Kart game imo. This is not specifically about Mario Kart, but the ones that are attempting to best it. Like Diddy Kong Racing, or Crash Team Racing, kart racers like those. But are there other kart racers worth playing? Maybe even ones that may be considered better or nearly as good as Mario Kart? I know there was a couple Garfield kart racers, one of which was good I heard. 

Anyway, are there other kart racers that have gone overlooked over the years? Any good quality kart racers worth checking out that aren't the ones I previously mentioned? 

Mario Kart will always be on top when it comes to Kart Racers. As you say, Cash Team Racing and Diddy Kong Racing were all games that released and were similar but none of them ever beat Mario Kart. 

Aside from the ones you mentioned I can't say I know of any other kart racing games but then again, I could have overlooked them. Would be interesting to know if there are any. 

I've heard Mega Man Battle and Chase is good. I've never played it myself though, it only came out here in the states via Mega Man X collection and you had to unlock it to play it. This came out in 1997 when a lot of other cart racers came out. I honestly don't think any cart racer beats Mario Kart though. There's also Sonic Drift 1 and 2 on the Game gear, but they're alright. The first one isn't as good as the sequel.