Register Now
Kane99

Ghost games and AI

Phasmophobia is a fairly popular online game where you can hunt ghosts, but in reality you're the one who's being hunted. I can't comment about the games AI, but from what I have seen it changes based on the type of ghost attacking you. I imagine the devs use some form of AI to randomize the ghost. But I would like to see it go even further, where AI can become the ghosts in the game, to scare you at random occasions, and maybe the AI would speak to you as if it was a ghost, saying names, key words, clues, etc. I know AI is a hot subject and it's kind of a mixed bag. Some are for it and want to see AI used in more games, while others are against it as it could result in people losing their jobs to AI. I am in the middle. It's already got bad vibes from AI art and how it uses real art to come up with those creations. But I mainly want AI that adds to the game. AI that isn't an integral part of the game or a main focus. 

I think AI used in ghost games to replicate what ghosts do, I think would be cool. It makes sense to use AI in that sense instead of using it to create something that could end up taking someone's job, like AI art in my view, does. I'm willing to bet that more devs will be using AI to help with their graphics.

I like AI when it's used in character interaction, but if there is a risk of real actors losing jobs to it, than I am not for it. I think using AI to aid in your game is fine, as long as it's not creating the whole thing. 

Sorry for the ramble there. But what do you think? Would you like to see a ghost themed game that uses AI to add to the spook factor? To randomize the events every time you play? That's what I see AI being good for. 

Absolutely! A ghost-themed game with AI-driven randomization would be a game-changer. The unpredictability and enhanced spook factor would keep players on their toes, creating a thrilling and immersive experience. It's the perfect opportunity to harness the power of AI in gaming. Can't wait to play it!

I’d absolutely love to see something like this. Each and everyday that passes we see AI evolve so I won’t be surprised if in the next year or two we see artificial learning in video gaming, tailored to the individual that is gaming. Would be good to have AI in a 3D game…

The only thing AI can't do now is what it haven't berm coded and programmed to do. So, yes I believe that it's something possible when it comes to seeing a ghost themed video game that uses AI to add to the spook or frightening factor in the games development. AI have done harder jobs, so this won't be too difficult for it.