Register Now
Kane99

Hosting a yearly gaming tournament between popular sites

I think it'd be cool if gaming sites teamed up to do yearly tournaments between each other. Like, maybe even VGR could do something like that. I don't know if VGR has ever done a gaming tournament or game nights, but I think it'd be a cool thing to do. Maybe users can join and play for certain sites and whoever wins gets a prize or something, or a site badge for winning that year. I don't think I'd partake in an actual tournament though, as I get too much anxiety from competition. 

It doesn't have to be gaming sites either, could be any community that wants to have a tournament like event with their community. I always had this idea, if I ever got popular streaming or something, I'd maybe do a tournament among friends, and the prize would be a championship belt with their name on it or something. 

Would you ever host a tournament with other sites or just for your own community? 

Now this sounds like an awesome idea! If I had a popular community I would love to do this myself, but the thing is none of my communities are popular enough and don't have enough participation to get something like this going. I've thought about trying to integrate tournaments in the past, but it wouldn't be as fun with just three people after all. I do have social anxiety though myself and I am a sore loser when it comes to games so honestly even if I did host a tournament I wouldn't participate lol. I would probably choke up in voice chat most likely.

I've got my fair share of experience hosting game nights from the work I used to do for another community a few years go and would  be all for VGR having game nights, but a tournament between different gaming communities is just not practical. That's especially the case if prizes are involved as somebody would have to sponsor the price and that's a barrel of problems on it's own.

I would be open to hosting a tournament with other sites or for my own community if there is interest and support for it. It could be a fun way to bring people together and foster friendly competition.