Register Now
Kane99

Using AI to code a quick game

Has anyone watched any of the content around people producing quickly made games via AI chat tools like Chat GPT. I know there is some concerns with AI and how good it has been getting as of late, but this is something I am okay with, as it still seems to require some knowledge of coding on the users part in order to make an actually playable game. The video below is by candlesan, and he uses ChatGPT to recreate flappy bird. It's not an easy thing to do, as it requires knowledge of coding and how games work. The AI needs to be guided at what to do, otherwise what it creates will be completely random and likely not play like what you'd expect. 

Has anyone here tried to ask a chat bot to code a quick game? I tried a prompt on Co-Pilot the other day (Bing/Microsofts AI chatbot) to make a quick game, and it came up with some code, but I didn't test it out as I'm too paranoid running code created by AI lol. 

As far as my used of AI programs like ChatGPT and Google Bard goes, I haven't gotten to the level of trying to get game's coding information to create any kind of video games. In fact, I don't have any interest in coding or creating a game. It's why that thought never crossed my mind.