Register Now
killamch89

Scariest Animal You've Ever Seen In Person

The scariest animal I've ever seen in person was the Siberian Tiger. His tiger growls sounded like an old school Chevy engine that was being revved and it was so loud! Did I mention his size?! I've seen Lions already and he was way bigger than those. What's the scariest animal you've ever seen in person?

14 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Do you differentiate between captivity and wild, or just seen at all, because I’ve seen and interacted with a hell of a lot of species of animals, aquatic and landbased.

Animals overall I meant. Whether in captivity or wild.

You know, I've never been afraid of animals. I know not to screw with the majority of them. I've had a few encounters that I would rather not have. For example I loved hiking when I was a kid. On one hike, I saw a hellcat, probably about 100 yards away. Most would call them cougar or mountain lion. I always called them hellcats. Luckily I was downwind of it, so it didn't smell me. Another time was the same scenario but a bobcat. Except this one was a HELL of a lot closer. The last experience was a lot more recent, after @Rain Dew and I were together. This is before the chair, and we were out at some rock formations near here. I had to pee so I went around some bushes to go. As I was zipping up, I noticed something. About 4' away from me, all coiled up, was a copperhead. Since it was autumn I didn't see it in all the dead leaves. I think that even though I had just peed, I pissed myself when I saw it. I hadn't hunted them since I was a child. And finding one that close like that was like biting into an apple and finding half a worm.

In captivity, they don't frighten me. Just ask @Rain Dew. When we went on a cruise several years ago, one of the shore excursions was in Belize. We went to a zoo there that we got to play with tapirs and (believe it or not) a jaguar. I'm not even close to kidding. They had a steel cage that was just big enough for 3 people, and had a bench in it, out in the jaguar's enclosure. You just enter the enclosure as if you're looking for something, make your way over to the people cage, lock yourself in, and here he comes. I got kisses, and was able to pet him with a couple fingers through the bard. We had bits of meat with us that we were able to feed him. That's something that would NEVER happen here in the states. So it was an awesome experience.

Also, Capuchin monkeys are extremely entitled, but worth it. I loved playing with them at another stop. I've always wanted one, but @Rain Dew won't let me have one.

On 2/16/2024 at 6:00 PM, The Blackangel said:

You know, I've never been afraid of animals. I know not to screw with the majority of them. I've had a few encounters that I would rather not have. For example I loved hiking when I was a kid. On one hike, I saw a hellcat, probably about 100 yards away. Most would call them cougar or mountain lion. I always called them hellcats. Luckily I was downwind of it, so it didn't smell me. Another time was the same scenario but a bobcat. Except this one was a HELL of a lot closer. The last experience was a lot more recent, after @Rain Dew and I were together. This is before the chair, and we were out at some rock formations near here. I had to pee so I went around some bushes to go. As I was zipping up, I noticed something. About 4' away from me, all coiled up, was a copperhead. Since it was autumn I didn't see it in all the dead leaves. I think that even though I had just peed, I pissed myself when I saw it. I hadn't hunted them since I was a child. And finding one that close like that was like biting into an apple and finding half a worm.

In captivity, they don't frighten me. Just ask @Rain Dew. When we went on a cruise several years ago, one of the shore excursions was in Belize. We went to a zoo there that we got to play with tapirs and (believe it or not) a jaguar. I'm not even close to kidding. They had a steel cage that was just big enough for 3 people, and had a bench in it, out in the jaguar's enclosure. You just enter the enclosure as if you're looking for something, make your way over to the people cage, lock yourself in, and here he comes. I got kisses, and was able to pet him with a couple fingers through the bard. We had bits of meat with us that we were able to feed him. That's something that would NEVER happen here in the states. So it was an awesome experience.

Also, Capuchin monkeys are extremely entitled, but worth it. I loved playing with them at another stop. I've always wanted one, but @Rain Dew won't let me have one.

To be fair, I'm not really scared of animals either and maybe it's because of my calm nature, a lot animals sniff me and either start playing with me or they just follow me around.