Register Now
Heatman

Who still misses the gaming magazines?

The gaming industry have come a very long way with how it have developed over the last couple of years. Who still remembers the days of the gaming magazines? There used to be a time when I wouldn't miss going to look for them because of what I can get from them. Now, it's very rare for you to hear gamers talking about gaming magazines. 

What was the last time you had a gaming magazine? 

I used to buy them all the time when I was younger. Some of them used to have Demo CDs in them and lots of tips and tricks for games you were interested in. I haven't bought a gaming magazine in more than a decade.

I used to have a subscription to Nintendo Power as a kid, and I remember going to the grocery store with my parents and going straight to the magazine section to look at the video game magazines. I hardly ever got the ones from the store since they were super expensive, but the Nintendo Power magazines helped me get the three Regis in Pokemon Ruby. I didn't have a computer at the time to look up guides, so yeah I do miss when magazines were the way to get information about upcoming games as well as walkthroughs. I know there is a magazine called the Retro Gamer that you can still purchase online, in fact one of the writers is part of the Sonic community which is cool.

On 3/9/2024 at 11:32 AM, Ravenfreak said:

I used to have a subscription to Nintendo Power as a kid, and I remember going to the grocery store with my parents and going straight to the magazine section to look at the video game magazines. I hardly ever got the ones from the store since they were super expensive, but the Nintendo Power magazines helped me get the three Regis in Pokemon Ruby. I didn't have a computer at the time to look up guides, so yeah I do miss when magazines were the way to get information about upcoming games as well as walkthroughs. I know there is a magazine called the Retro Gamer that you can still purchase online, in fact one of the writers is part of the Sonic community which is cool.

That sounds pretty awesome - I did get quite a few Nintendo Power magazines back in the day as well except they were kind of outdated because the store I bought them from had them for ages.

Retro gamer is one that I remember vividly, and it’s still holding the line. It still helps players with their physical issues. Although it has gone digital as well, which was absolutely necessary.