Register Now
Heatman

Do have the mindset to play video games when you're going through a traumatic time?

How much are you affected mentally when you're going through a traumatic experience? Does the situation which you've found yourself in allow you to have interest in playing video games? The games can come in form of therapy on it own, knowingly or unknowingly. 

What's your take on video games being a good distraction when you're going through a traumatic time?

It depends on how traumatic a situation it is. If it's really bad, I tend to put gaming on the backburner a bit until I'm in a better mental state. I know gaming can make you feel better in certain situations but in my case, I'd probably be playing the game and still be thinking about my issues and how to resolve them.

On 3/12/2024 at 1:18 PM, Kennysplash said:

When I’m stressed, yes. But not traumatized. Trauma for me needs more than a video game, so do better when I talk to someone. But when I am tired I use games to unwind. 

Agreed - Trauma is something that needs serious reflection and in some cases professional help to get over.