Register Now
Kane99

The 7 Best Sega CD Games and How to Play Them Today

Source - https://www.chithot.com/21909/the-7-best-sega-cd-games-and-how-to-play-them-today/

I sadly never owned a Sega CD or played the few games that came out for it. I've heard about some of the releases, but don't know a whole lot. Well it looks like someone made a list of the 7 best Sega CD Games and ways of how you can play them today. A lot of the games on this list have been re-released on PC and modern consoles, so if you don't own a Sega CD, you can play these games elsewhere. I will list the games they discussed below. 

• Sonic CD
  • Lunar: The Silver Star
  • Snatcher
  • Shining Force CD
  • Earthworm Jim: Special Edition
  • Popful Mail
  • They also list the Mega-CD BIOS Collection, but that's meant for emulation. So really this list is for 6 games. 

Read the full article above to find out more details on where you can find these games for sale. 

Sonic CD is definitely the best game on the system. I have a Sega CD and a copy of Sonic CD, I prefer the Japanese soundtrack though. Anyways I highly recommend playing the 2011 remake by Christian Whitehead and Simon Thomly (The Taxman and Stealth if you're in the sonic hacking community like I am) it runs much better than the original version. I've been meaning to play Lunar, I have it on PSP. I loved Shining Force on the Genesis so I'm sure if I played the Sega CD version I'd love it as well. I'm not a fan of point and click games, so I will never play Snatcher but I have watched someone else play it and I loved the story. Good luck getting real physical copies of these games though btw, they're expensive. (Sonic CD is on the cheaper end but it's still worth $70. Thankfully I got my copy back in 2009.) I love Earthworm Jim and the CD version of the soundtrack is awesome. I never played Popful Mail, but fun fact there was supposed to be a rebranding of the game with Sonic characters but those plans fell through. It was called "Sister Sonic" and was supposed to star a random character that was supposed to be Sonic's sister. 

https://info.sonicretro.org/Sister_Sonic

I've never owned a Sega CD either - Wait? It came out in the early 90's? Where was I when this came out? I had the Sega Genesis and Saturn at the time. Then again, I don't think many people knew about it either.