Register Now
Kennysplash

Have you ever abandoned a game because it was too hard?

You have played the same level over 10 times and you can’t get pass. Maybe it’s a final boss, we know how extremely hard some of them can be sometimes. Some friends complained so much about Demon of Hatred, how impossible it seemed to win. 

If this happens what do you do? Do you consider it a challenge, then find every possible means to try and complete the game? Or you just give up and abandon it? 

If you can relate please share your experience. 

Do ROM-hacks and fan made games count? If so then, yes. I have abandoned a game due to its difficulty. It is cruelly difficult. I played it for more than 6 years and was only lucky enough to make it to the third dungeon. It was a Zelda ROM-hack called Goddess Of Wisdom. I'll never play it again. And of the 3 ROM-hacks on SNES, it's not even listed as the hardest one. It's often classed as the easiest of the three.

I will always hold the belief that the ones who made it fully intended for it to not be beaten. They made an unwinnable game.

I can't remember ever doing that. I've only ever abandoned games when its boring or I can't understand what's going on in-game - Death Stranding is the perfect example. The game mechanics were decent but the story is way too complex. I think it's the only game where I still don't understand the basics of the lore.