Register Now
Smokey

How many controllers do you own altogether?

If you have multiple consoles, I'm sure you have multiple controllers laying around. Do you have an idea of how many controllers you own? If I had to guess across all consoles, I'd say probably around 60 total for me. I know that sounds like a lot, but I have a lot of consoles and usually own at least 2 controllers per console.  How many controllers do you have in your game collection?

I think I have 7 of them -  two Xbox wireless ones, Two controllers for my brand new PS5, Two Nintendo controllers and a PS1 controller that I still own for some reason even though I haven't owned a PS1 since the 00s.

Edited by killamch89

Overall I have at least 30 controllers. I know I have more Sega Genesis controllers than any other controller. I have a few weird controllers I found at a local game store and at Goodwill. A lot of them no longer work though, so I need to take them apart and see if I can fix them. I mainly have first party controllers for my other consoles, aside from my SNES. I do have a couple third party controllers for the Xbox One/Series S.

1 hour ago, Ravenfreak said:

Overall I have at least 30 controllers. I know I have more Sega Genesis controllers than any other controller. I have a few weird controllers I found at a local game store and at Goodwill. A lot of them no longer work though, so I need to take them apart and see if I can fix them. I mainly have first party controllers for my other consoles, aside from my SNES. I do have a couple third party controllers for the Xbox One/Series S.

30?! - That's probably way more than I've had in my entire life as a gamer. How do you manage to keep track of them all?

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

30?! - That's probably way more than I've had in my entire life as a gamer. How do you manage to keep track of them all?

That's the neat part, I don't lol. All my controllers and cords are shoved together in a shelf with pull out cubes. I need to get around to actually organizing everything, I just unpacked everything quite quickly after I moved into my house a couple years ago. I might finally get around to organizing everything this weekend, better late than never right?

3 hours ago, Ravenfreak said:

That's the neat part, I don't lol. All my controllers and cords are shoved together in a shelf with pull out cubes. I need to get around to actually organizing everything, I just unpacked everything quite quickly after I moved into my house a couple years ago. I might finally get around to organizing everything this weekend, better late than never right?

You should really do it this weekend because you might need one of those controllers in the near future and then it becomes some kind of needle in a haystack moment.

I lost count a long time ago, I have 42 consoles and handhelds at this point, and multiple controllers for each console, so I've got at least 50, maybe 75 controllers?  They're all stored with their respective system, but it's chaos at times finding what you need.

On 4/5/2024 at 1:47 AM, PGen98 said:

I lost count a long time ago, I have 42 consoles and handhelds at this point, and multiple controllers for each console, so I've got at least 50, maybe 75 controllers?  They're all stored with their respective system, but it's chaos at times finding what you need.

75? You could open your own little arcade with that lol. That's way more controllers than I've ever used as a gamer since I was a kid

On 4/5/2024 at 7:47 AM, PGen98 said:

This is huge. I have got less than 20 controllers and was thinking that I have a lot, but it is obvious that I was wrong. I definitely need to do more to prove that I enjoy playing games.

On 4/7/2024 at 11:58 PM, Knight Barida said:

This is huge. I have got less than 20 controllers and was thinking that I have a lot, but it is obvious that I was wrong. I definitely need to do more to prove that I enjoy playing games.

You don't. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to gaming. Some like a particular console/platform while others love playing on multiple platforms. At the moment, I don't think I have more than 10 controllers. Others here have various consoles from previous eras so they'd have more controllers than you or I.

On 4/17/2024 at 11:08 PM, killamch89 said:

You don't. Everyone has different preferences when it comes to gaming. Some like a particular console/platform while others love playing on multiple platforms. At the moment, I don't think I have more than 10 controllers. Others here have various consoles from previous eras so they'd have more controllers than you or I.

Well, you made a point. It is all about what someone prefers and not basically about having more controllers or not. The focus should be all about one enjoying the game that they play.