Register Now
PGen98

What Was the First Video Game Moment that Made you Emotional?

Video games these days are like playing through a movie, with in-depth character building, amazing plot twists and relatable character backgrounds.  We start to grow attached to certain characters, to be angry at others, and to feel as they feel while the game evolves.  But what was the first moment that you played through a game and a moment just hit you? 

The first few minutes of The Last of Us?  How about Mordin in Mass Effect 3?  Maybe Atlas in Bioshock stirred it?  Maybe SHODAN in System Shock?  What was it that first reached into you and made you FEEL the game?

I remember that Twisted Metal Black had a level that looked like a very sterile, soulless version of a New Jersey city.  I felt very bad for the residents, even though it was just a game, as they say.

Spec Ops: The Line when Walker hit those people with the White Phosphorus and you saw all those innocent people and kids burnt alive with nothing but their flesh showing. I don't think any scene in a video game quite moved me like that one.

Mine was definitely when I made it to Uru Mais in Legend of Legaia. There's a part when the three main characters fall asleep and you get a glimpse into their past. Vahn, the main character dreams about the time when he was 4 years old and his mother was sick. He overhears the Village Elder that his mom can recover if someone is able to get medicine from Drake Castle, but no one could leave the village because of the mist. Vahn tries to leave Rim Elm to get the medicine,but his father realizes what happened and goes after Vahn. His mom passed away and his dad was fine but was injured. That caught me off guard when I first played the game, and it made me cry. I was 12 years old when I first beat the game.