Register Now
killamch89

Animated Movies: For All Ages or Just Kids?

Hey everyone! I've always loved animated movies, but I've heard some folks say they're just for kids. What do you think? Do you enjoy animated films regardless of age, or do you think they're primarily aimed at children? Let's discuss down below.

This is like saying gaming is just for kids. It's not for everyone, but it is for someone. A lot of adults watch cartoons. And I don't mean only things like Family Guy or South Park. I still watch Popeye, Felix the Cat, He-Man, TMNT, Looney Tunes, and tons of others that I grew up on.

On 4/12/2024 at 6:32 PM, The Blackangel said:

This is like saying gaming is just for kids. It's not for everyone, but it is for someone. A lot of adults watch cartoons. And I don't mean only things like Family Guy or South Park. I still watch Popeye, Felix the Cat, He-Man, TMNT, Looney Tunes, and tons of others that I grew up on.

Same - I watch quite a bit of anime and I'm an adult in my 30s. I've been watching them since I was a kid and don't intend to stop.

On 4/17/2024 at 7:11 PM, The Blackangel said:

If animation was for kids only, I would like to meet the parent that is comfortable with their 5 year old watching Drawn Together.

I know many animation movies that are for mature audiences. Hell and Back is definitely not for kids and then there's Mary and Max - I can't even watch these in public.

I'm going to be 34 on the 13th and I still watch animated movies. I know people older than me who also enjoy animated movies as well, so I believe animated movies are for everyone. This also goes for animated shows and anime in general too. Of course there are cartoons that are aimed towards adults that kids shouldn't be watching.

22 hours ago, Ravenfreak said:

I'm going to be 34 on the 13th and I still watch animated movies. I know people older than me who also enjoy animated movies as well, so I believe animated movies are for everyone. This also goes for animated shows and anime in general too. Of course there are cartoons that are aimed towards adults that kids shouldn't be watching.

Some people don't know that there are different tiers for animated movies and shows. They just ignorant lump everything into a kids cartoon category just because it's animated.