Register Now
killamch89

Leveraging Technology to Tackle Global Issues

How can technology be harnessed to combat global challenges? Whether it's climate change, poverty, or healthcare, share your insights on innovative solutions and advancements that could make a real difference.

Technology has impacted positively to global health research, and that is a great way to keep making the work of saving lives easier for health practitioners. There are machines that now make it pretty easy and that is something that I like a lot.

Technology makes it easy to reach everyone globally. So it can help spread the awareness of certain dangers and threats and how to deal with these dangers. It can be used to communicate practical solutions to problems, which would not be possible without technology. 

On 4/29/2024 at 11:59 PM, Kennysplash said:

Technology makes it easy to reach everyone globally. So it can help spread the awareness of certain dangers and threats and how to deal with these dangers. It can be used to communicate practical solutions to problems, which would not be possible without technology. 

Well, we could use carrier pigeons like the old days, lol but it's way less efficient than modern technology. I agree that technology has made certain dangerous tasks a lot more manageable for us.

On 5/21/2024 at 10:42 PM, killamch89 said:

Well, we could use carrier pigeons like the old days, lol but it's way less efficient than modern technology. I agree that technology has made certain dangerous tasks a lot more manageable for us.

When there was no modern technology, that was what they made use of in the olden days. I’m sure it did the job too, but thankfully we have more effective ways now. 
I surely don’t think I will have the patience for a bird to relay a message. 😅

It’s hard to say what we can do for the future. What we do know is that technology always progresses and the good comes with the bad. Technology is a gateway, those who invent it and use it need morality to invent and use it; it’s heaven and hell. Everything we have created is a double edged sword. So if I came up with a solution to solve a world problem, that solution will be used to further create problems. For example, we utilize electricity for all our modern basic necessities, but at the loss of simple freedom and human relations. The Bronze Age, the Iron Age, all were useful to push humans forward, but also to kill everything. Travel, land air and sea, polluting land air and sea. Going to space looking for a habitable environment while caring nothing for Earth. Medicine to be abused. And don’t think for a second the anti science anti progression religious fenes are the answer. Because just like everything else, their creation of religion was supposed to be for good purposes but instead creates wars, oppression, and every form of bigotry. What I would create is a fucking house next to a waterfall and live my life and not be bothered by the human parasite.