Register Now
Shortie

Has in-game chat online put you off using it?

Game chat on consoles when playing video games has always had it's issues, you will always get someone who feels they need to be awful to someone in the lobby or even someone who is rude and abusive or doesn't know when to mute their microphone or keep their TV turned down when they have their microphone active. 

With how online chat can be on consoles now, has this put you off using in-game chat when playing an online game? 

10 hours ago, Yarik said:

I almost always use the in-game chat in online games. I need to communicate with my teammates to secure the win. I don't get pushed away from using the chat because of someone who has decided to be rude. I can handle situations like those.

In some games, I use it because it's necessary. In games like GTA online, I tend to avoid it like the plague because it's usually full of toxic people who are trying their hardest to ruin the experience for everyone else.

On 4/29/2024 at 2:31 AM, killamch89 said:

I do use it when necessary but I try to avoid conversations with toxic people online. Especially those tryhards and other people who try to ruin the experience for their fellow gamers.

Mehn, it's never easy to avoid those toxic people especially when it comes to such games. It's why I don't bother with trying to use it no matter how careful I can be. My peace of mind is very important to me.