Register Now
killamch89

What life skills are rarely taught but extremely useful?

I've been thinking a lot about the skills we aren't taught in school but could make a huge difference in daily life. What are some of the most useful life skills that you feel are rarely, if ever, taught in traditional education settings?

I feel that being a chef that can make your meals is one of those skills that should be taught in school. Not everyone believes that it is important to know how to cook, but I feel that it is an important skill to learn. This is irrespective of whether you are a man or a woman.

Finance

In schools, if you go to a college of business, they teach you corporate finance and macro-economics as if you're going to be running the economy one day LOL.  But they don't teach you actual everyday human finance like mortgages, credit cards, FICO scores, budgeting, taxes, etc.  

14 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

I feel that being a chef that can make your meals is one of those skills that should be taught in school. Not everyone believes that it is important to know how to cook, but I feel that it is an important skill to learn. This is irrespective of whether you are a man or a woman.

I totally agree. I learned how to cook for myself as a man at a young age and it has served me well as an adult. I love preparing my own meals from scratch and getting to enjoy them is so rewarding.

There's only one such skill that comes in my mind which is money management. Financial education is something that should be given during high school or college time at least so that people know what to do with their money when they start earning.