Register Now
kensonplays

70's vs 80's vs 90's Classic Rock - Which do you prefer?

70's vs 80's vs 90's Classic Rock - Which do you prefer?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. 70's vs 80's vs 90's Classic Rock - Which do you prefer?

• 70's
    • 80's
    • 90's

Which era(s) of classic rock do you like? I personally like the 80's and 90's, but there's a couple songs here and there that I enjoy from the 70's.

Some of my favorite artists are:

- Bon Jovi
- Queen
- Journey
- AC/DC
- Bryan Adams

I do like some modern rock, but only a few songs here and there.

I'm more of a metal guy and actually didn't get into it until my late teens/early 20's.  So my favourite music usually comes from the mid 2000's and after, but out of those three decades there are definably more bands and songs from the 80's that I adore.

Posted (edited)

I’m a child of the 80’s and still love that music to this day. I call it a scientific fact that music attained perfection in 1986. I know that’s exaggeration, but it expresses an opinion. The bile that came out in the 90’s can hardly be called music, as it flat out is NOT music. It’s nothing more than vomit with a guitar. I couldn’t stand it then, and I can’t stand it now. The 90’s is in no way “classic rock” and it never will be. To be worthy of the label “classic” there has to be at least one redeeming quality. Nineties “music” has no redeemable qualities, as it has no quality to begin with. For that entire decade there is not one single song that wasn’t a puked up carbon copy of every other performer. Not a single band or soli act had anything original or unique.

Britney was Beyonce was Tatu was Kittie was Aguilera was Avril

N*Sync was Backstreet was 98° was LFO was Sugar Ray was Staind

And so on.

Again this is one woman’s opinion. It’s not meant to persuade anyone, it’s just my own personal opinion. It’s one of the main reasons why I absolutely hate mainstream music, with only a handful of exceptions. I can count them on one hand. Not counting 80’s rock, I listen exclusively to underground music.

Edited by The Blackangel