Register Now
StaceyPowers

Best and Worst DLCs in Fallout?

The only Fallout games I have are Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Between them, I’ve played only a few of the DLCs—the Anchorage one in Fallout 3, Mothership Zeta in Fallout 3, and I’m just wrapping up Dead Money in NV (assuming I ever escape this blasted vault).

So far, Dead Money is by far my favorite. I actually got attached to some of the characters, and I liked the break from standard run-and-gun play to stealth/survival. I liked Anchorage too, but Mothership Zeta felt extremely repetitious to me.

Which Fallout DLCs are your favourites and least favourites?

Good question! I’ve played all the DLCs to both Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

The best imho are Point Lookout for Fallout 3 and Old World Blues for New Vegas. Both drop you into a new map that tasks you with lots of exploring while solving a new mystery. There’s lots of new enemies and Old World Blues even adds new music!

Oh, and I thought the weakest one was Dead Money, but I’m not a huge fan of stealth gameplay tbh. Plus, it doesn’t give you much of a “playground” to play in. It’s literally a few dozen small areas IIRC. Had some good characters and writing, though.

14 hours ago, DylanC said:

The best imho are Point Lookout for Fallout 3 and Old World Blues for New Vegas.

I shall look forward to those then! I've been putting off Point Lookout till I level up a little more.

14 hours ago, DylanC said:

Had some good characters and writing, though

That was why I ended up loving it. And I enjoyed the stealth thing. It's not my strong suit, but I liked the challenge.