Register Now
DylanC

Favourite MP modes in Black Ops 4?

12 hours ago, Alyxx said:

Multiplayer. Don't really care for Blackout since I'm not huge into BR. And Zombies only has 2 maps so it gets old quickly.

Not to be *that* guy, but I think there are 3 Zombies maps in Black Ops 4; "IX", "Blood Of The Dead" and "Voyage Of Despair". But honestly I agree with you, I haven't super got into the zombies modes as much as I thought I would. Super surprised by Heist and Blackout personally, though. They're ridiculously addictive modes.

Edited by DylanC

9 hours ago, DylanC said:

Not to be *that* guy, but I think there are 3 Zombies maps in Black Ops 4; "IX", "Blood Of The Dead" and "Voyage Of Despair". But honestly I agree with you, I haven't super got into the zombies modes as much as I thought I would. Super surprised by Heist and Blackout personally, though. They're ridiculously addictive modes.

The third map is only available if you've paid for the black ops pass...

51 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

The third map is only available if you've paid for the black ops pass...

The Black Ops pass unlocks the fourth map “Classified” which is a remake of the old “Five” map from Black Ops 1. 

4 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

Strange. I remember trying to play Blood of the Dead and just being told I required a pass to play it...

Give it another go sometime. It definitely works on console but I ‘ve not tried it on PC (that’s where I think you play). That said, playing on PC shouldn’t make any difference. I don’t have the Black Ops pass and Blood Of The Dead works for me. *fingers crossed*

Edited by DylanC

When I wrote my review, which was shortly after the game launched, only the first two zombie maps "IX" and "Voyage of Despair" were available. The third map "Blood of the Dead" said it required the Black Ops pass to play. This was on PC btw.

But it seems they changed it so that "Blood of the Dead" is now available to play in the base game with a fourth classified map requiring Black Ops pass. I would still like four maps in the base game without me having to pay extra but 3 maps is better than 2 I suppose.

I've always been a TDM/KC girl so those are my go-to modes. Or domination/control modes. Not really into Heist, since my only memories of it are waiting to play and it would probably be more fun if I had friends to play with, but nobody in my group have any interest in Black Ops 4 on PC which I don't blame them for at all...

Edited by Alyxx

46 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

When I wrote my review, which was shortly after the game launched, only the first two zombie maps "IX" and "Voyage of Despair" were available. The third map "Blood of the Dead" said it required the Black Ops pass to play. This was on PC btw.

But it seems they changed it so that "Blood of the Dead" is now available to play in the base game with a fourth classified map requiring Black Ops pass. I would still like four maps in the base game without me having to pay extra but 3 maps is better than 2 I suppose.

I've always been a TDM/KC girl so those are my go-to modes. Or domination/control modes. Not really into Heist, since my only memories of it are waiting to play and it would probably be more fun if I had friends to play with, but nobody in my group have any interest in Black Ops 4 on PC which I don't blame them for at all...

I really like TDM/KC too. Weirdly though, I think the best modes in Black Ops 4 are the ones that are very un-Call Of Duty (that's a real word, promise). Basically, I feel that the ones that aren't the traditional COD modes are where the game shines best; Blackout and Heist. Both modes give players one life and this helps to encourage team play which has always been a bone of contention for the series. In regards to Zombies, it still hasn't hooked me in. I feel like the maps are way too big. They need to get back to tighter, smaller maps like the OG Nacht Der Untoten imho. I'm tired of getting lost in these massive zombies maps. I do like the new AI bots feature, though.

Edited by DylanC

So far I have only played multiplayer and a little Blackout since getting the game and I have to say that Hardcore Team Death Match and Hardcore Kill Confirmed are my two favourite modes on multiplayer. I am yet to try zombies but I am being told that there are mixed reviews regarding the Zombies side of Call Of Duty this year with some loving the mode and others not liking as much as previous games and they feel they tried to do too much to it. I will be trying zombies myself at some point but as it stands right now, hardcore team death match and hardcore kill confirmed are my go to.

On 11/18/2018 at 4:02 PM, Shortie861 said:

So far I have only played multiplayer and a little Blackout since getting the game and I have to say that Hardcore Team Death Match and Hardcore Kill Confirmed are my two favourite modes on multiplayer. I am yet to try zombies but I am being told that there are mixed reviews regarding the Zombies side of Call Of Duty this year with some loving the mode and others not liking as much as previous games and they feel they tried to do too much to it. I will be trying zombies myself at some point but as it stands right now, hardcore team death match and hardcore kill confirmed are my go to.

I'm loving the hardcore MP modes, too. I sometimes find some of the regular MP modes very "spongey" atm -- basically, the enemies sponge bullets a little too much for my liking. Hardcore definitely helps alleviate this. Thanks for commenting!