Register Now
UleTheVee

Five Nights at Alien: Blackout

Disappointed tbh. Funnily enough, I'm in the process of writing some news/analysis about Cold Iron Studios' Alien game for the site. At least Alien: Blackout isn't the only Alien game being developed. I'm hoping Blackout is going to be good, but my gut says it'll be disappointing...

20 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Disappointed tbh. Funnily enough, I'm in the process of writing some news/analysis about Cold Iron Studios' Alien game for the site. At least Alien: Blackout isn't the only Alien game being developed. I'm hoping Blackout is going to be good, but my gut says it'll be disappointing...

It's a mobile game FNAF clone.

Tell me, where in this entire deal points at a game being good?

Just now, UleTheVee said:

That's a very good question to be fair...

22 minutes ago, DylanC said:

This has all the makings of a flop. My expectations of anything good coming out of this release is non-existent.

4 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

I'm HOPING it's good. Not saying it's good. 

And I prefer playing a game before acting as judge, jury and executioner...

6 minutes ago, DylanC said:

I'm HOPING it's good. Not saying it's good. 

And I prefer playing a game before acting as judge, jury and executioner...

You say you hope the game is good but..

I mean, like I said before, how could this be good?

1 minute ago, UleTheVee said:

You say you hope the game is good but..

I mean, like I said before, how could this be good?

I adore the Alien mythos and video games have the power to surprise, right? Like I said, my gut says it'll be disappointing, but I freaking adore xenomorphs...

What can I say? I'm an optimist.

Maybe it's got an incredible narrative that ties in with Alien: Isolation in a clever, nuanced way.

Maybe it's got a really surprising gameplay mechanic that everyone agrees is freaking genius.

Maybe it's got an amazing atmosphere that captures the films in a really captivating way.

But I can't say anything authoritatively as I HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GOD DAMN GAME AND NEITHER HAVE YOU

6 minutes ago, DylanC said:

I adore the Alien mythos and video games have the power to surprise, right? Like I said, my gut says it'll be disappointing, but I freaking adore xenomorphs...

What can I say? I'm an optimist.

Maybe it's got an incredible narrative that ties in with Alien: Isolation in a clever, nuanced way.

Maybe it's got a really surprising gameplay mechanic that everyone agrees is freaking genius.

Maybe it's got an amazing atmosphere that captures the films in a really captivating way.

But I can't say anything authoritatively as I HAVEN'T PLAYED THE GOD DAMN GAME AND NEITHER HAVE YOU

Ok Dylan, why you getting so mad? Well the story could be amazing but most gamers tend to prioritize the gamplay mechanics but if it is in fact like fnaf, then it is likely not going to appease most people but we will wait and see...

5 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Ok Dylan, why you getting so mad? Well the story could be amazing but most gamers tend to prioritize the gamplay mechanics but if it is in fact like fnaf, then it is likely not going to appease most people but we will wait and see...

It's clear why I'm getting annoyed... I'm trying to be positive and not be super down on the game. Like I said above, I ain't played it. I just don't like being super negative, especially about something I haven't played yet. It could surprise us.

Like I've already said, I'm disappointed that it's a mobile game. However, there are some AMAZING mobile games like FTL, Monument Valley etc.

It could have something hidden up its sleeve that *could* blow us away. 

There's nothing wrong with being HOPEFUL for a game.

Being constantly questioned about the same thing is incredibly boorish and rude....

Just now, DylanC said:

It's clear why I'm getting annoyed... I'm trying to be positive and not be super down on the game. Like I said above, I ain't played it. I just don't like being super negative, especially about something I haven't played yet. It could surprise us.

Like I've already said, I'm disappointed that it's a mobile game. However, there are some AMAZING mobile games like FTL, Monument Valley etc.

Being constantly questioned about the same thing is incredibly boorish and rude....

Ok, I get your point.

On 1/8/2019 at 1:35 PM, DylanC said:

We're not questioning you or your hopes. We just don't understand why you'd think there would be any semblance of hope in the game to begin with.

As for those "Maybe"s you planted. I will give you the fact that the ports of Ace Attorney games for mobile have been the best in the entire series. Not only that but plenty of great games like Final Fantasy Opera Omnia/Brave Exvius/Record Keeper, Fallout: Shelter, Dead Space Extraction, and Temple Run 2 have worked despite being separate properties.

14 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I'm pretty disappointed like everyone else. It might be a decent mobile game though.

So yeah, this might make a lot more sense when you take these examples into consideration.

Just don't lose your composure dude. We're just discussing stuff here.

8 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

Granted I would've preferred an Alien game on the Switch or PS Vita...

.... You know what? That's a good point. Why the eff weren't these games released on the Switch or Vita? Isn't the Switch especially supposed to hold both console / mobile games at this point?!