Register Now
killamch89

EA Leaks The Data Of Approximately 1600 Fifa 20 Players

22 minutes ago, skyfire said:

I think some companies have poor system in place for storing the passwords. 

I'm not sure. It could be as simple as hackers getting far enough to crack it since it does stay safe for a good while. I think the issue is that companies have no way of knowing how close hackers are to cracking their systems and therefore never know when it is necessary to update or change it. It's not as simple as "not safe enough" because in the end no system is safe. It's just a matter of keeping the upper hand.

14 hours ago, Alyxx said:

I'm not sure. It could be as simple as hackers getting far enough to crack it since it does stay safe for a good while. I think the issue is that companies have no way of knowing how close hackers are to cracking their systems and therefore never know when it is necessary to update or change it. It's not as simple as "not safe enough" because in the end no system is safe. It's just a matter of keeping the upper hand.

Often the password storage is in plain text so hackers don't even have to do much sweat. Many strong password protections are through SALT and Hashes. So this needs to be done.