Register Now
StaceyPowers

What game character is hardest to relate to for you?

@The Blackangel just resurrected one of my threads asking whether one prefers a "blank slate" character or one which has an established personality.

While re-reading the responses, I came up with another question. In terms of pre-created characters with full histories/personalities/etc., are there any characters you have controlled in games that you found particularly difficult to connect to?

I got to wondering this because @kingpotato and @killamch89 both expressed a strong preference for blank slate characters, and I wondered if it is in part because of difficulties in relating to pre-established characters.

I usually don’t have too hard a time relating to pre-established characters I’ve played. I think the character I have the hardest time connecting to is Marston in RDR, but ironically I think that is because they gave him a very “neutral/non-committal” personality to provide more freedom in how he is played. Even with that being the case though, I still don’t feel all that challenged to connect to him.