Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that make statements about free choice or free will

I’m about halfway through my first playthrough of Spec Ops: The Line, and the game has done multiple interesting things regarding issues of free choice so far—and you likely know that I am also a big fan of the BioShock series for also touching on issues of free choice and free will.

Can anyone else recommend additional games which get into matters involving free will, free choice, or both?

RDR2 goes almost entirely on the will of the gamer. You choose whether or not to participate in virtually everything, the only exceptions being events that are crucial to game advancement. But everything else, down to whether or not to kill a random that you just cross paths with and would never see again either way is entirely up to you. You deal with the results of either path entirely on your own.

Personally, I kill anyone who gets an attitude with me.

19 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

RDR2 goes almost entirely on the will of the gamer. You choose whether or not to participate in virtually everything, the only exceptions being events that are crucial to game advancement. But everything else, down to whether or not to kill a random that you just cross paths with and would never see again either way is entirely up to you. You deal with the results of either path entirely on your own.

Personally, I kill anyone who gets an attitude with me.

I'm on my first playthrough of the original RDR. The ones that really suffer are the ones that try to steal my horse. They get dumped on train tracks, etc =D