Register Now
Kane99

Should they make an Assassin's Creed set in modern times?

We have never had an Assassin's Creed game that takes place solely in modern times (in terms of playing the assassin of course). I was always under the impression, that the first two games would grow Desmond Miles into a modern assassin, but it never came to be and we kind of moved on from the animus storyline for the most part, to focus on the past assassins. But, wouldn't it be cool if we were introduced to a new assassin in modern times, maybe somewhere like New York, or anywhere with many buildings. Could be quite good. 

What do you guys think? Could an assassin's creed game work in a modern environment? 

I've wondered that too. But if it was going to take place in modern times, then that means there would be modern weapons involved. So that would eventually lead to a shooter game, which will take AC in a direction that would miserably fail. Not saying it can't be done, but it would turn into a MGS or Clancy game. I don't know how it would work get shot at with machine guns while you wield an axe or pirate pistol. Once you get that semi automatic, AC and role play goes out the window. One of the legacies of the game is taking place in a mysterious world, in a mysterious time.