Register Now
Kane99

Do you ever use the passthrough option?

So the Xbox One has a feature that you can hook another HDMI connected device to it, and you can then utilize that device right on the Xbox itself. So, technically, someone could have played their PS4 on their Xbox One if they so desired. Anyway, has anyone here tried to do this? I actually hooked up my 360 to it years ago, just to see how it would work, and plus the game I was playing wasn't backwards compatible with the Xbox One. What other HDMI connected devices did you connect to your Xbox One? 

Yes, I did do this not just with consoles but also with my TV box that I had back when I did it so that I could also watch TV through my Xbox without the need to switch to different HDMI's and it was all. It was a great feature they had, and I know of many that used it for that said purpose whether it would be for their TV box or for another console. I am pretty sure they did away with it though on the newer consoles as they only seem to have one HDMI port now unless I am mistaken. 

1 hour ago, Shortie said:

Yes, I did do this not just with consoles but also with my TV box that I had back when I did it so that I could also watch TV through my Xbox without the need to switch to different HDMI's and it was all. It was a great feature they had, and I know of many that used it for that said purpose whether it would be for their TV box or for another console. I am pretty sure they did away with it though on the newer consoles as they only seem to have one HDMI port now unless I am mistaken. 

To my knowledge they did cut that out for future consoles. But it is a nice feature for the Xbox one because it means I could have an extra hookup to my TV if I'm out of HDMI spots. I haven't done it in a while, but if I put my Xbox One out in the living room soon, I will probably connect it to another console or something.