Register Now
Kane99

Worst Games of 2020

On 12/17/2020 at 11:35 PM, The Blackangel said:

Wanking Simulator

I was going to ask who needs a simulator for wanking but then I am a fan of PC Building Simulator so...

Ahem. My contendor for the worst game of 2020 is without a shadow of a doubt, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics. It's functional, which can be said for a lot of games mentioned here, but then if it wasn't functional I could refund it and be done with it sooner. Alas, its technical competence meant that I played through it from start to finish (twice, for a spiteful final achievement) and hated every waking moment of it. My ire doesn't stem from a hatred or lack of love for The Dark Crystal, I am at worst indifferent toward it, but I can see quite clearly that it fails to provide any fan service to viewers of the movie or show. Its references are weak, its gameplay is stretched thinly across ~20 hours and its expectation that the player will grind to catch up to the overtuned AI later on is abysmal.

If I could hate a game out of existence, I would not spare TDC: AoRT a microsecond to justify its miserable little self. Clearly "just a job" for its developer. I hope it plumped up their resumés enough to work on projects more deserving of being brought to life.