Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most thankless jobs/roles in MMOs?

It's true, as the newbie helper which I tend to be in most MMOs, I hang around the lower levels to ensure that higher leveled players don't terrorize them when they're just getting used to the game. I also help them out with quests they're struggling to compete if possible. It's very time-consuming, sometimes those newbies become very dependent on you for EVERYTHING and won't really try to improve their fighting skills and strategies to survive on their own. Some get stronger and start talking all kinds of smack to you when you were the one that basically allowed them to even get that far without being picked on. It's because I do have good tendencies why I even take on this role in the first place...

On 1/6/2021 at 8:15 PM, killamch89 said:

It's true, as the newbie helper which I tend to be in most MMOs, I hang around the lower levels to ensure that higher leveled players don't terrorize them when they're just getting used to the game. I also help them out with quests they're struggling to compete if possible. It's very time-consuming, sometimes those newbies become very dependent on you for EVERYTHING and won't really try to improve their fighting skills and strategies to survive on their own. Some get stronger and start talking all kinds of smack to you when you were the one that basically allowed them to even get that far without being picked on. It's because I do have good tendencies why I even take on this role in the first place...

Seriously, it's the overdependency of the newbies that makes me not find this role interesting at all because they would literally want you to do just about everything for them which wouldn't help their general growth as well.