Register Now
killamch89

New Asus Gaming Laptops

On 1/15/2021 at 8:35 AM, Patrik said:

the only issue with these is that they are offering lower performance than their desktop variants, i'm not saying they are bad, i'm just saying you are paying more (paying the price of a 3080 with the performance of a desktop 3070)

That's the way it's been with Nvidia in the last 2-3 years unfortunately...

On 1/18/2021 at 12:04 PM, Empire said:

This is unbelievable I always knew laptop GPUs were slower than their desktop counterparts but I thought it was a 10 to 20% difference but in some cases it's up to 38% which is incredibly misleading, will definitely keep this in mind next time when buying a laptop for gaming. But then again Desktop is the way to go then Laptop.

Not much of a surprise really - I knew this was going to happen again. We need AMD to start pushing out their mobile GPUs as well - some more powerful at that to really push Nvidia.

On 1/18/2021 at 2:39 PM, skyfire said:

Yes that is because if they were to be exact replica of the desktop performance they would fetch the heat too. I think a lot of ads misleads too. 

Consumer deception has been a practice of companies for decades and nobody will address the issue so it's best to do your research before buying any product.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Consumer deception has been a practice of companies for decades and nobody will address the issue so it's best to do your research before buying any product.

Yes a lot of paid influencer also add up to that into the performance. and kind of make the companies hero in the process. 

On 1/20/2021 at 2:48 AM, skyfire said:

Yes a lot of paid influencer also add up to that into the performance. and kind of make the companies hero in the process. 

This is why I primarily check multiple reviews before I make any kind of decision on buying a product especially nowadays since agendas are pretty high with Influencers.

On 1/22/2021 at 8:57 AM, skyfire said:

Yes indeed sometimes buying after 6 months of the release of the product is also good practice as you don't end up being a tester of product and buy only which has good reviews. 

True. By then most of the bugs have been fixed and there are any long-term effects, we'll all be knowledgeable of it. Also, the price drops by quite a bit in that time.

On 1/24/2021 at 11:31 AM, killamch89 said:

True. By then most of the bugs have been fixed and there are any long-term effects, we'll all be knowledgeable of it. Also, the price drops by quite a bit in that time.

Yes and another thing is that if you find out new models are often not getting the heat sync type of the issues which often take few months of usage to notice. 

19 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes and another thing is that if you find out new models are often not getting the heat sync type of the issues which often take few months of usage to notice. 

I'm sorry bro but I didn't get what you were saying. Could you clarify?

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I'm sorry bro but I didn't get what you were saying. Could you clarify?

I was referring to the new models like ASUS TUF A15 and A17 which has heat sync issues and are not preferred, they would either refurbished or some people would go for F series which does not have issues. Waiting for review often saves you from such models. 

On 1/26/2021 at 3:25 AM, skyfire said:

I was referring to the new models like ASUS TUF A15 and A17 which has heat sync issues and are not preferred, they would either refurbished or some people would go for F series which does not have issues. Waiting for review often saves you from such models. 

The Zephyrus G15 is absolutely killing it this year - too bad they're already out of stock -_-. No seriously, between the scalpers and crypto miners, I hope their motherboards fry and all their tech fails just for making every new product unavailable to us.

On 3/12/2021 at 10:23 AM, skyfire said:

Z15 is based on intel i7 and i9 series. so yeah it has pretty good demand because those series of processors and also the make of zepherus is pretty good too. 

So far, based on sales, it seems the Ryzen-based laptops are the top selling gaming laptops this year and it's no surprise really. The Rocket Lake cpus are really running hot this year.

On 3/15/2021 at 2:30 AM, skyfire said:

Yes everybody is buying asus laptops with the ryzen processors. I think the intel and ryzen competiting under same brand can be fun to look at as well. 

Intel as a processor manufacturing  company isn't all that competitive because AMD and Apple are the better CPUs for Windows and Mac computers.

On 3/18/2021 at 1:19 AM, skyfire said:

Apple is restrictive so I wont even count them for normal public due to price and walled garden. AMD and INTEL for now have to keep playing 1 and 2. 

The thing is Apple was a huge part of Intel's earnings before they start manufacturing their own chipsets so that's why I counted Mac. There are plenty of Mac users especially in the Youtube content creation space so it's a massive platform and with AMD taking over in the Windows PC market, Intel is starting to feel the pressure.