Register Now
killamch89

New Asus Gaming Laptops

Yeah and the thing is that intel is responsible for it. They are still charging pretty high for their i3 chips which they should be charging as low as the under 300 dollar laptop market but they are keeping i3 for the 500 dollar market. So I think they need to cut the costs for consumer as well. 

On 3/22/2021 at 6:23 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah and the thing is that intel is responsible for it. They are still charging pretty high for their i3 chips which they should be charging as low as the under 300 dollar laptop market but they are keeping i3 for the 500 dollar market. So I think they need to cut the costs for consumer as well. 

Yeah, Intel should lower their prices as their CPUs offer less than the competition. I mean, the new 11th Gen CPUs are pretty poor at multitasking and run pretty hot.

On 3/26/2021 at 1:03 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah and that could be the reason that ASUS has not pushed for that processor series. They are just rotating the models with the 10th gen i7 and i9. 

I mean Intel can still recover but they'll need to drastically change their business philosophy before they can dominate the Windows PC market again. I doubt Apple will even think of another partnership with Intel after the way Intel has been disrespecting Apple recently.

They have to let go of expensive product ranges. i3 and i5 need to be priced lower now and higher end processor for games or for other enterprise work can be expensive but they have to make the cheaper prices now. it's too much market manipulation for i3 and i5 which are not that high end processor yet high priced.

Even that I rather stick with a good I7 and get the best performance out of it then any I3 and I5. I seen good deals for I7 in the last year but the 11th gen I'm not 100% on it this time around with there downsized point of view. 

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

11th gen has a lot of bad reviews and there seems to be performance issues especially from the heat side considering not even i3 and i5 are that bad so far. 

Let's also consider that their top of the line chip only competes with the Ryzen 5 5800X and  even then the 5800 X is still superior. Ryzen 7 and 9 are leagues ahead of anything Intel can offer right now.

On 4/3/2021 at 9:20 AM, skyfire said:

However the issue with the Ryzen 7 and 9 is that they are high priced and yet to get in budget for most of the gamers etc. I think in a year or two they would be going that way. 

It's only fair since they are the more Premium offering now and with the shortage of chip components, we may see prices rise even further.

Yes and another thing is the distribution that is being affected these days. A lot of folks are not aware of the fact that ASUS and MSI both have pretty heavy config focus and it takes time for them to release too. 

Yes 11th gen is so bad right now that most people that have done reviews also said how shocking it is to the 11th gen. I have the i7 10700k and it's not worth updating, unless I went with the big boys of the i9 10 or 11900k. point of getting the 11th gen is the new PCI 4 support and new updated chip, but the 500 series boards offer more then the 11th gen CPU do 😞 

With that if I wanted to upgrade then I go with the i9 10900k rather then getting any of the 11th gen. Since it offers far more cores since all 11th gens4 offers the same core and threads