Register Now
Kane99

Fitness based games that are fun?

What are some fitness based games that are actually kind of fun? I just want something that can provide a workout, but also be fun to do. I was thinking about the Just Dance series, but I'm not a fan of flailing around trying to match moves. Do you guys know of any fitness/workout games that can be fun to do? 

Not to resort to such an easy cliché but Wii Sports was incredible, especially the boxing. Most of the mini-games aren't all that intensive, but when I had Wii Sports for Christmas I worked up a sweat and fought tooth and claw to win at pugilism.

When I'd bought myself a new smartphone I'd installed Pokémon GO which had rekindled my love of walking. I eventually walked without the double whammy of getting fictional digital creatures, and that really improved my physical and mental health.

I've heard of, but haven't played myself, these games that tell a story as you're jogging like an ARG or podcast. One such game I'd heard was like Dying Light, where you're outrunning zombie hordes you encounter on patrols, which is meant to encourage you to go faster and take breaks to a narrative. I don't know the name but they sound very clever, and more power to those who get fit through such things. ^^