Register Now
StaceyPowers

Anyone play Quake Champions?

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

You know as a massive fan of Q3A myself, I didn't know this game existed. It looks fun but I hardly heard anyone talk about it or talking about it currently so I'll have to do some digging.

What's really weird is they didn't put Orbb in it!

1 hour ago, StaceyPowers said:

What's really weird is they didn't put Orbb in it!

That's a travesty! I wonder how comes they didn't even mention this... I wonder if it has to do with the fact that he was made by the creators of the Arena in Quake 3 so he was exclusive to that game only.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's a travesty! I wonder how comes they didn't even mention this... I wonder if it has to do with the fact that he was made by the creators of the Arena in Quake 3 so he was exclusive to that game only.

I have no idea. I thought it was bizarre, as he was basically the Q3A mascot. You might be onto something there.

6 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I have no idea. I thought it was bizarre, as he was basically the Q3A mascot. You might be onto something there.

Now that I checked it out, that seems to be the most logical reason as it states pretty much what I wrote in my previous comment.

It's kind of dead in general, but still alive enough to find matches normally (in europe, that is), although the loading screens for getting into a match are basically endless. you would probably enjoy diabotical, which I think (apart from artstyle) is closer to original quake games, and it should be coming out relatively. QC also requires a pretty decent.

26 minutes ago, Empire said:

It's kind of dead in general, but still alive enough to find matches normally (in europe, that is), although the loading screens for getting into a match are basically endless. you would probably enjoy diabotical, which I think (apart from artstyle) is closer to original quake games, and it should be coming out relatively. QC also requires a pretty decent.

I have seen them hold some eSports tournaments with QC so it must have some popularity. Btw, when did you start playing it and do you still play it?

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I have seen them hold some eSports tournaments with QC so it must have some popularity. Btw, when did you start playing it and do you still play it?

Not anymore, I wasn't that active user anyway. I do not even have Quake anymore. But even if they still do tournaments, not big as I was expecting still.