Register Now
The Blackangel

Do you feel you can see things in a game that isn't obvious?

In this post @StaceyPowers asked what everyone thought were the most philosophical video games. My answer to that question got me thinking. Do you ever see things in games that aren't blatantly obvious, but have to take a special perception to notice? Something like a character in pain, but who hides it extremely well. Things that most would never see or notice.

There is a running question about whether Bill in RDR2 is gay. He was given a dishonorable discharge from the Army for deviancy, and I think attempted murder. Homosexuality was considered deviant and a disease back then. It wasn't removed from the mental disease list until 1973. Then there are his actions in camp and interactions with characters that add more fuel to the fire.

This video goes into it. Warning there are possible spoilers.

So do any of you notice things that aren't spoken?

That's nothing new that he got angry the guy didn't drink when Bill offered, or forced. I've been so shit faced plenty of times and tried to drink with a million strangers. And I have to say, that it would really piss me off if they refused also because I would assume they act like their shit don't stink. So I think the game was spot on in that situation when he forced the guy to drink. Also, the village drunk is always teased and looked down on as if half human and would mate with a dog. But who knows? It might be just a case of drunkard discrimination. But since everything in a game or movie is added for a reason, then maybe the intention was to hint he is gay. Cause even if I forced someone to drink, I wouldn't share spit on the same bottle. So that probably is gay. Cause if you like someone you wouldn't care. LOL.