Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you think IC decisions in MMOs reveal OOC traits?

Not necessarily - If they do it while in character, it's difficult to draw a conclusion because you'd have to know the individual outside of that to determine the motives behind their actions. For instance, in Lords Mobile I used to have the title of War Lord in one of the guilds and as you guessed, I gave everybody hell but in real life, I only ever give hell to people who horrible to others (includes people, animals etc.). My actions in real life usually have logical and valid reasons unlike in-game where I may do something because of curiosity or boredom or just trolling.

On 4/8/2021 at 3:36 AM, killamch89 said:

Not necessarily - If they do it while in character, it's difficult to draw a conclusion because you'd have to know the individual outside of that to determine the motives behind their actions. For instance, in Lords Mobile I used to have the title of War Lord in one of the guilds and as you guessed, I gave everybody hell but in real life, I only ever give hell to people who horrible to others (includes people, animals etc.). My actions in real life usually have logical and valid reasons unlike in-game where I may do something because of curiosity or boredom or just trolling.

Personally, there is no link up with the life I lead to what I do in video games. They are two different lines of reality for me and can never be used to compare each other.