Register Now
killamch89

Sony Hiring Staff To Bring Major PlayStation Franchises to Mobile?!

Sony is really making the Xbox platform look more appealing with each day that passes. With Xbox gamepass, you can play games on mobile so there's no need for crappy mobile games. Apparently, Sony never quite got the memo. I'd like to hear your thoughts about this.

21 hours ago, skyfire said:

Not bad. There is a lot of money on the mobile. And you can do micro transactions and earn. Nintendo too plans on moving few games into the mobile too. And maybe they already did. 

They did it with one title but I haven't seen them make another attempt as yet so I'm assuming that the competition must be pretty fierce. 

Imagine if Sony had this, handheld console, call it "Playstation Vita" for example. Charged maybe $199.99 USD and included memory cards that were dirty cheap or even supported micro SD cards, and they supported it with major Playstation franchises. Sounds like a dream

8 hours ago, Empire said:

Imagine if Sony had this, handheld console, call it "Playstation Vita" for example. Charged maybe $199.99 USD and included memory cards that were dirty cheap or even supported micro SD cards, and they supported it with major Playstation franchises. Sounds like a dream

But then they decided not to offer any support to it and let it go to complete waste. That's probably how it would've ende - oh wait...

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

They could revive VITA and put on strong competition for switch. And even get a lot of benefit if they make it android based system which makes all games run easily on it. 

The problem is that Sony hardly offers any support for the VITA platform in the first place so it'd be hard to make it compete with the switch. If they were to release an updated console however, they'd need to provide proper support for it as well as add some unique features which I don't think Sony has the ability - not with the current CEO at least.

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

If they make new VITA with android as the base platform with the locked play store that would give them enough leverage too. but they may not try that assuming it's hard work now. 

Sony has been pretty risk averse since lately. It's Xbox that seems to be taking all the risk and making all the big moves. If Sony isn't careful, they may find themselves in Xbox's shadow for a good while.

On 4/25/2021 at 1:18 AM, skyfire said:

Yes also I wonder if microsoft is succeeding without small handheld, why can't sony. but then again handhelds were speciality for nintendo, sony in past. but things seems to have changed. 

I mean, Microsoft has so many other ventures outside of gaming so they'll succeed anyways and Sony does to. The issue is that a lot of their profit does come from the PlayStation platform so they need to get things in gear. As for handhelds, Sony went into this venture half-hearted and was never really intent on investing the resources and time to properly compete with Nintendo in that market so they failed as a result.

6 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah the thing is that they are getting pretty much strong on the gaming and the cloud options. I am surprised at the mixer closing though. They are good in business but ended it after some time. 

I just think that Microsoft wasn't patient enough with Mixer so it's no surprise it failed. I mean, it wasn't even around for 5 years. There are plenty of people who don't like Twitch but it's the only reliable streaming and far-reaching platform.

Yeah it was very short time for them. Facebook on the other hand steals videos from youtube and every copyrighted content exists on facebook and they hardly make money but platform wise they manged to retain more people than youtube.