Register Now
killamch89

Reliable leaker says Metal Gear IP is up for sale, Konami Currently In Discussions with Microsoft

Well this is positively huge news - if Xbox acquires Metal Gear, Sony will really have some serious competition because just imagine all future MG games coming out on Xbox only. Sony has really been slacking and Xbox keeps making a lot of big moves everyday. What do you guys think of this news?

12 hours ago, skyfire said:

It would be good to see how this competition works out. a lot of monopoly by the sony needs to be controlled and good franchise under microsoft is not a bad idea. 

I suspect with the reports that Kojima was set to publish some games on the Xbox platform that we man just see Kojima being in charge of some more Metal Gear games again.

13 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah that would be good. I think sony has been lacking a lot of progress lately just to keep things under walled garden. on the other side microsoft has PC and the XBOX so they seem to be taking the risk. 

I agree - Xbox is the one making all the big moves as of lately. Sony is definitely starting to fall behind and if they don't make some big moves very soon, this will be a repeat of the Xbox 360/PS3 era where Xbox was ahead of Sony.

Yeah and only thing that made them ahead of XBOX was their openness towards games and the device. If that does not work out for them soon things could end up wrong for them this time because consumer market is already not so good shape. 

On 4/25/2021 at 1:17 AM, skyfire said:

Yeah and only thing that made them ahead of XBOX was their openness towards games and the device. If that does not work out for them soon things could end up wrong for them this time because consumer market is already not so good shape. 

Their edge over Xbox previously was due to the exclusives but with Microsoft acquiring so many big-name studios and franchise in the last couple of years, Sony will be left in the dust if they don't get their act together.

6 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yeah that was the point the thing is that as long as small good studios are purchased the more regular titles come into the marketplace. So it's always benefit on that front too. 

With Microsoft pushing Xbox Gamepass, Metal Gear on that platform would make it the most compelling offer in terms of cloud gaming services.

Hmmmm

I wouldn't be surprised if Konami's major IPs are outsourced to other companies to do remakes, remasters, ports, etc. I think Konami would probably be in the market to license out their IPs to other companies and be on more of a supervising/approving role in said games.

7 hours ago, Empire said:

Hmmmm

I wouldn't be surprised if Konami's major IPs are outsourced to other companies to do remakes, remasters, ports, etc. I think Konami would probably be in the market to license out their IPs to other companies and be on more of a supervising/approving role in said games.

They aren't going to supervise anything because they don't even know what to do with all their magnificent franchises - all you have to do is take a look at Metal Gear Survive and you instantly understand just how inept Konami is.

On 5/5/2021 at 3:27 AM, skyfire said:

Under microsoft, I think a lot of game studios are safe because the reason being the microsoft is developer friendly space. They retain good things, except their failure of the mixer network, everything seems to be not so bad. 

They've definitely learned from their mistakes and are making bigger and better moves to make Xbox the dominant platform.