Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather die in 20 years with no regrets or die in 50 years with many regrets?

Personally, I'd rather die with no regrets because I lived a fulfilled life. Again this comes back to the saying of "quality over quantity". Another thing about this is living with regrets is always a horrible feeling. What would you choose and why?

On 5/28/2021 at 9:17 AM, The Blackangel said:

My life is nothing but regret. So to die without any would be the most alien feeling to me that I would still die with one regret. That I couldn't figure out what it was that was so screwed up that I didn't regret it.

That's totally understandable.

16 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Couldn't say. Maybe I'd have more regrets with 50 years, but more achievements and amazing experiences too. If that is the case, I'd probably pick the 50 years.

That's a very good point but if it's filled with many regrets, I'd think it's a less fulfilled life but that's an interesting take.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

That's totally understandable.

That's a very good point but if it's filled with many regrets, I'd think it's a less fulfilled life but that's an interesting take.

Not necessarily for me. It the pros of what I achieved and experienced outweigh the cons of my weighty regrets, it's preferable. Plus, regrets can lead to good things too, depending on what does with them. If you've ever watched the reboot of Doctor Who, for example, that is in some respects the basis for the entire show. An immortal being driven in large part by his regrets for his role in a war keeps trying to compensate by helping other people. He largely keeps the universe from falling apart.