Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather live in a cave or live in a tree house?

A cave is my choice simply because you can dig deeper to expand it whereas a treehouse has a limit to how much it can be expanded. In addition to that, a cave can survive most natural disaster whereas a strong enough breeze can topple a treehouse over. What's your pick and why?

As much as i like tree houses and how they look , they are not over practical in the winter with cold air flowing around the whole building . So for me it would have to be a cave . Generally a little way underground the temperature is a constant 10 °C which in itself isn't that warm but not over cold either , so add some form of wood burner and its going to be quite cosy assuming the cave has some sort of door of course.

Caves around here are usually around the neighborhood of 60°F to 70°F (15.5°C-21.1°C) as a constant temperature. As for dealing with the cold, I lived in an open warehouse for 3 years. One entire side of the building was missing and during the winter is was common for me to wake up with snow on my sleeping bag. It was the best shelter I could find.

11 hours ago, Empire said:

As much as i like tree houses and how they look , they are not over practical in the winter with cold air flowing around the whole building . So for me it would have to be a cave . Generally a little way underground the temperature is a constant 10 °C which in itself isn't that warm but not over cold either , so add some form of wood burner and its going to be quite cosy assuming the cave has some sort of door of course.

In addition to that, you can even dig into the various areas of the cave expanding it and with a generator and some other electrical equipment, you can have a livable cave. Here's a video on a cave home: