Register Now
killamch89

What mythical creature do you wish actually existed?

On 6/3/2021 at 9:37 PM, The Blackangel said:

While I do believe it actually is real, I would say the Sphinx. How many people would fail its riddle would truly be something to behold.

I'd probably fail it's riddle too...

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

By today's standards, it's actually one of the easiest riddles out there.

"What goes on four feet in the morning, two feet at noon, and three feet in the evening?"

Wait a minute - I've heard this one before. I think it has to do with the different stages of the human life cycle - you crawl on four feet as a baby in the "morning" cycle, "Two feet" at the noon cycle as an adult and "three feet" as an elderly person with a cane in the "evening" cycle of life. To be honest, I never knew it was the riddle of the sphinx - I just liked the riddle.

You got it right. The way it's worded - morning, noon, evening - is what tends to throw people the most. But that's the point of a riddle. Tricky wording to trick your mind. And to lead to an answer that should be completely obvious. The only downside to the sphinx was that the penalty for getting the answer wrong was death.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You got it right. The way it's worded - morning, noon, evening - is what tends to throw people the most. But that's the point of a riddle. Tricky wording to trick your mind. And to lead to an answer that should be completely obvious. The only downside to the sphinx was that the penalty for getting the answer wrong was death.

In ancient, the penalty for getting most things wrong was death. For instance, pull the wrong lever in a pyramid - death. Take a wrong turn in one - death. Those pyramids are full of traps so it's any wonder that they haven't been fully explored as yet.

On 6/3/2021 at 9:31 PM, killamch89 said:

I'd say either a dragon or a phoenix because just imagine seeing a fiery bird flying throw the sky with it's might roar. Also imagine a dragon's roar! What's your pick and why?

Maybe dragons would keep mankind in check. But what will happen when dragons hoard all the wealth? Humans will find a way to enslave them or promise them all the riches to annihilate cities. Or steal their eggs  and raise them to do bad. Humans need something to fear. We need a predator out there that feeds on thousands of humans a day. If we can get 20 million humans eaten a year, that would be good population control. That would be 200 million a decade. Sounds mighty tasty don’t it? 

1 hour ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Maybe dragons would keep mankind in check. But what will happen when dragons hoard all the wealth? Humans will find a way to enslave them or promise them all the riches to annihilate cities. Or steal their eggs  and raise them to do bad. Humans need something to fear. We need a predator out there that feeds on thousands of humans a day. If we can get 20 million humans eaten a year, that would be good population control. That would be 200 million a decade. Sounds mighty tasty don’t it? 

At the rate humans are going, I just know somebody's stupidity will be the death of us all. Humans are pretty good at shooting themselves in the foot especially this generation.