Register Now
killamch89

What are some misconceptions about your hobby?

Only children play video games. I would like to see one 7 year old child play RDR2 with parents consent. Or give that same kid a copy of Hatred and tell the to go nuts. Games have a "T" and "M" rating for a reason. And only a couple games in history have gotten an "AO" rating. Give one of them to your 5 year old. Then tell me only children play video games, you pretentious bastard.

Edited by The Blackangel

Collecting mineral specimens or rocks, people think it's all just tumbled stones to meditate with. But they don't realize that every mineral has a crystal structure including salt, gold, iron, lead, etc. I have a wide variety of specimens that are just beyond amazing in beauty and science. People also think that just because I collect rocks, that any piece of limestone crumbed from a mountain is a good present. If I could turn back time and be a geologist that is a prospector and go out to dig and mine my own specimens, I would be at peace, and one with the Earth. I wouldn't mind being a dwarf mining mithril and all kinds of other stuff my whole life. The clinking against stone is music. And when I find those jewels, I will honor it as if it's a gift from the Gods. Not for riches. But for beauty and mysteries on how it formed. And the pure energies radiating from it after millions of years. 

If we're talking about collecting, I collect two things. Zippos and skulls.

With the skulls, I find beauty in them. I find beauty in death. And I like to surround myself with it. I have skulls ranging in size from zebra and buffalo, all the way down to parakeet and pocket gopher. I have mammal, reptile, bird, and fish. That is if megalodon teeth count. But enter in my personality, and the fact that I'm a practicing Satanist, people often think that I have sacrificed the majority of these animals to the devil. First off there is no such thing as "the devil". It's not a creature, but a metaphor. A turn of phrase. Second, sacrificing something in that manner is strictly forbidden in Satanism. If what you're doing requires blood to be shed, and I can't for the life of me figure out why it would, then the blood must be your own. We respect the sanctity of life. The first tenet of The Satanic Temple in fact states:

One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.

That means, among other things, that you don't harm or kill without reason. I don't have enough interest in people to waste my time on them doing either, but I will kill or die to protect a nonhuman creature. I'm not a vegan, or even a vegetarian. I do eat meat. But that doesn't mean that I will stand by and watch cattle being abused without leaping into action against their abuser. And believe me, his/her body would never be found.

The Zippos however, even I can't really explain that one. I just like them. They print so many different designs on them. I love the artwork. They're amazing, and some sets are just awesome. I'm currently collecting the Chinese zodiac set. Every year they release the animal of that year. This year will be Ox. I just have to wait until it's available. I'm also looking to finish up the Greek zodiac set. Luckily I have Capricorn, which is my sign. It was discontinued after it was finished years ago, before I started collecting. But I find one now and then. But there are also pairs of lighters that are limited edition. Just look at the two below. Day Of The Dead, and Jungle Animals. You can also have them customized, which I have done 3 times.

On 6/3/2021 at 9:48 PM, The Blackangel said:

Only children play video games. I would like to see one 7 year old child play RDR2 with parents consent. Or give that same kid a copy of Hatred and tell the to go nuts. Games have a "T" and "M" rating for a reason. And only a couple games in history have gotten an "AO" rating. Give one of them to your 5 year old. Then tell me only children play video games, you pretentious bastard.

Even better, give that kid a copy of Outlast or Alien Isolation or RE7 and let's see how quickly these games traumatize them.

On 6/3/2021 at 10:20 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Collecting mineral specimens or rocks, people think it's all just tumbled stones to meditate with. But they don't realize that every mineral has a crystal structure including salt, gold, iron, lead, etc. I have a wide variety of specimens that are just beyond amazing in beauty and science. People also think that just because I collect rocks, that any piece of limestone crumbed from a mountain is a good present. If I could turn back time and be a geologist that is a prospector and go out to dig and mine my own specimens, I would be at peace, and one with the Earth. I wouldn't mind being a dwarf mining mithril and all kinds of other stuff my whole life. The clinking against stone is music. And when I find those jewels, I will honor it as if it's a gift from the Gods. Not for riches. But for beauty and mysteries on how it formed. And the pure energies radiating from it after millions of years. 

I always thought collecting rocks was for art like the shape of them or the fossils that have been turned to rocks. Tumbled stones are way different - did people on Twitter come to that conclusion because there are a lot of idiots on that platform.