Register Now
killamch89

What pets did you have growing up?

I've had several dogs, a couple of stray cats, a pigeon named Larry, and parrot named Virgil. Of course, they're all dead now but I do have a couple descendants of my Labrador Daisy that I grew up with. What pets did you have growing up?

4 hours ago, Empire said:

None, Never own or had a pet ;( Saved money if you think about it 🙂 just like another person to feed in the household. 

You have a fact right but missed the point of having a pet. Your life will be enriched beyond compare after getting one. You won't be able to understand how you ever lived without your fur/feather/scale baby.

On 6/13/2021 at 6:41 PM, The Blackangel said:

I wasn't allowed pets. My sister had cats, and my brother had dogs. But I wasn't allowed pets. I did get myself a pet raccoon later when I was in my late teens though.

Racoons are pretty smart animals though.

15 hours ago, Empire said:

None, Never own or had a pet ;( Saved money if you think about it 🙂 just like another person to feed in the household. 

Trust me, it changes your whole life when you have a pet - they tend to teach you a lot of lessons just by having them around. Yes, there's cost involved with maintaining them but that is nothing compared to the joy they bring to your life.

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

You have a fact right but missed the point of having a pet. Your life will be enriched beyond compare after getting one. You won't be able to understand how you ever lived without your fur/feather/scale baby.

I totally agree.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Genius little critters actually.

When I was staying with my bro while he used to live in Ny, there was one that used to beg for food and he'd knock on both my window and my bro's window so that he could get food from both of us. It was only when I mentioned the racoon he told me he fed it all the time.