Register Now
killamch89

What was the worst purchase you’ve ever made?

Pre-ordering Star Wars Battlefront 2 in 2016 - it was the worst game ever. Lots of microtransactions, hardly any content, laggy, buggy and it costs me $60. Because of that, I stopped pre-ordering stuff in general and just patiently wait for reviews. What was the worst purchase you’ve ever made?

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

My van. The damn thing constantly breaks down for one reason or another. The mechanic loves it though, because it makes him a ton of money.

Just get a cheap Lexus or Toyota, these things last for years and they hardly cost anything to maintain them. 

I need the van. It's a disability van with a ramp so that I can load my chair into it if/when I need/want to get out. It gives me a little bit of independence.

Also I could never afford the insurance on a Lexus. Besides they don't comp cheap no matter the age or condition. Toyota doesn't either. This is for disability vans that I'm talking about. But no matter what model/year/condition the Lexus is, they don't come cheap.

Edited by The Blackangel

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I need the van. It's a disability van with a ramp so that I can load my chair into it if/when I need/want to get out. It gives me a little bit of independence.

Also I could never afford the insurance on a Lexus. Besides they don't comp cheap no matter the age or condition. Toyota doesn't either. This is for disability vans that I'm talking about. But no matter what model/year/condition the Lexus is, they don't come cheap.

Oh - I see but if I remember correctly Toyota do have fold out ramps and other stuff for their Toyota Sienna line that's why I recommended it. Lexus can be a bit on the pricey side although I got my 2018 IS 300 for like 25k USD but second hand toyota vehicles are actually quite affordable except the newly released models. Althoguh from what I've heard the used car market is out of control right now.

Disability vans are custom made on a different line than the rest of a car company’s catalog. They are built completely different in the body and frame to allow for the ramp and interior space for the chair. Especially if the ramp is mechanical. A brand new one runs for roughly $75k on average. A used one from an owner typically runs $7k-$10k and that’s if you’re lucky. A used one from a dealer typically runs in the $40k range. I live in mid Missouri, and drove almost to Chicago to get the one I have now. It was the only one I could find that was in my price range at the time. I can’t do lifts because I almost died the last time I used a lift. It has to be a ramp. So unless we take out a mortgage on the house, a brand new van is out of the question.

Needing one of these bastards is hell. Unless Elon Musk decides to take pity on you. But how often has that happened?

On 6/18/2021 at 9:35 PM, The Blackangel said:

Disability vans are custom made on a different line than the rest of a car company’s catalog. They are built completely different in the body and frame to allow for the ramp and interior space for the chair. Especially if the ramp is mechanical. A brand new one runs for roughly $75k on average. A used one from an owner typically runs $7k-$10k and that’s if you’re lucky. A used one from a dealer typically runs in the $40k range. I live in mid Missouri, and drove almost to Chicago to get the one I have now. It was the only one I could find that was in my price range at the time. I can’t do lifts because I almost died the last time I used a lift. It has to be a ramp. So unless we take out a mortgage on the house, a brand new van is out of the question.

Needing one of these bastards is hell. Unless Elon Musk decides to take pity on you. But how often has that happened?

$75k is a whole lot - I can't imagine you could find a deal like that especially with the current used market prices. I can sell my IS 300 for more money than what I paid for it right now despite being a couple years older. 

On 6/21/2021 at 7:21 PM, The Blackangel said:

Considering that I get less than $1000 per month, there's no way I could ever get another van. I was lucky to come up with the money to get this one that I have. I had to sell a lot of shit that I didn't want to let go of. But I had no actual choice.

That's how it goes sometimes - sometimes you have to make some sacrifices for what you need. It's one of the unwritten laws of life.

My samsung dryer. Was so stoked to get a new washer and dryer that was never used, all of my others were hand me downs. Went to the store, spent hours looking, and settled on the samsung top load washer and dryer.

Less than a year later, I am doing laundry when I hear a loud bang come from the laundry area. The pulley snapped. Got it fixed and all was well. Another month goes by and the motor went out. Got it serviced again. In a year of owning this damn thing and it has been serviced twice. I really regret buying this dryer.