Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

License to drive/license to vote/no more license for hand guns in Texas

If you can get a gun, now you can conceal it or holster it anywhere in Texas without any permit. That's the state where I live and I see no reasoning behind it. Businesses can put signs up to not allow any weapons in their business and I think that is what they should do. Because who wants to go get food and have some pig eye ball you and finger their weapon in intimidation while you go about your business? They aren't cops. How do you think people will react if a black man was walking around with a holstered weapon with a bunch of red necks around with holstered weapons? I easily more police harassment of minorities if they open carry. Is this an intimidation law? Well, I'll exercise my right. I can't help but feel like I can be an asshole now to anybody. It's scary to think about when I drank everyday and any little thing set me off. I can't imagine being able to open carry hand guns at that time in my drunken state. How many are out there with a gun who is intoxicated and emboldened to intimidate??? What do you think about this new law? 

Edited by Reality vs Adventure

Missouri did away with the law requiring a permit several years ago. Now anyone who has the ability to lift a gun can carry it. Concealed or in the open. I keep a .357mag on my hip when I go out. I also have a .380 in my purse. Among other, nonlethal weapons. They won't kill, but they sure as shit will ruin your day.

If it comes to it where a trigger is getting pulled, you won't be alive to walk away from me. In that situation, it's my 100% intention to kill.

46 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Missouri did away with the law requiring a permit several years ago. Now anyone who has the ability to lift a gun can carry it. Concealed or in the open. I keep a .357mag on my hip when I go out. I also have a .380 in my purse. Among other, nonlethal weapons. They won't kill, but they sure as shit will ruin your day.

If it comes to it where a trigger is getting pulled, you won't be alive to walk away from me. In that situation, it's my 100% intention to kill.

I didn't know that. Has violence increased, decreased, or stayed the same? 

In the UK aside from a few very rare exceptions nobody is allowed to carry firearms even among police, and that's exactly how it should be.  I know some will defend saying that they are responsible gun owners but theirs no such thing since the power to end someone's life at little more than touch of a button is not a responsibility anyone should have.  We're impulsive, emotional and our bodies are practically chemistry labs constantly producing chemicals that affect our judgement in ways that are notoriously unpredictable.  This effect is made even worse by the substances that we add to them through drink, drugs and even the contents of our increasingly un-naturally prcocessed diets.

History has proven time and time again that more people carrying causes more problems, not solutions.  Untill American's realize that and revoke the 2nd Amendment School shooting's, mass murders and trigger happy cop killings are just going to keep going up and up.  Right now the "right to bear arm's" is having the complete opposite effect to what it was intended. 

18 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I didn't know that. Has violence increased, decreased, or stayed the same? 

You can't get charged with a crime if you're found in possession of a gun, unless you're a felon or otherwise legally barred from owning a firearm. If anything, the violence has gone down. People see a gun on you and that is usually enough intimidation to keep them at bay and stop the altercation before it even starts.

Edited by The Blackangel

5 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

You can't get charged with a crime if you're found in possession of a gun, unless you're a felon or otherwise legally barred from owning a firearm. If anything, the violence has gone down. People see a gun on you and that is usually enough intimidation to keep them at bay and stop the altercation before it even starts.

Well, Texas would be putting violence to the test since the state has some very large cities including Houston, Dallas, El Paso, and San Antonio. I can see violence maybe decreasing in the rural areas and suburban areas with lack of diversity especially in dry counties. But the wet counties, the populated counties, the diverse counties where white, black, and brown converge, I see ripened violence ready for the picking. The Texas governor was probably lobbied by the NRA or something. And if cops have a hard time seeing if people actually had a gun in hand or a phone, then you can bet they sure as hell with shoot first more often now. 

The biggest cities we have are St. Louis, Kansas City, and Springfield. Granted they don't compare to cities like Dallas and Houston. They're about half the size actually. But the ones that have guns and are the problem had them all along anyway. Now it's easier for civilians to have a weapon through legal means to defend themselves if necessary. Nobody wants to get shot. How tough you think you are is irrelevant.