Register Now
killamch89

If you were wrongfully put into an insane asylum, how would you convince them that you’re actually sane and not just pretending to be sane?

9 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Before the wheelchair, sometimes late at night, I would dig a few holes in the back yard to keep the nosey ass neighbors guessing.

Anytime I caught them staring I'd stare back at them until it made them extremely comfortable to the point that they don't even want to talk to me. It usually works or just do what my friend does and rock back and forth like a crazy person. They'd never approach you or try to talk to you at all.

The best part was that I would take pillow cases, put a 5 pound sack of flour in it, smear ketchup on the bottom of it and bury it in the yard, if/when I knew they would be watching. It always worked better if I could get someone to come stay with me for at least a week, but make sure to stay away from all windows and doors. Afterwards I would drive away with them laying under a ketchup smeared sheet in their own car so they could get home.

That was one of the funniest things in the world. To this day, I still lean a shovel against the wall in my back yard with ketchup on it.

Something else that's fun to do is locate the phone box on the side of someones house for the home phone. Undo two screws and plug in a phone with a 100 foot wire purchased from Walmart for like $6.00. Then from their home phone line YOU call a 1-900 number for some insane charge of like $5.00 per minute and you leave the phone lie in the bushes all night.

Edited by The Blackangel

There is no getting out till you pop your pills and do therapy. They will never believe you. Those places are designed to make you fail. If you take any random person and put them in an asylum and go through their questioning and tests, 100% of the time you will be diagnosed with something and forced to get help against your will. That's why they banned the forcing of people to get admitted, at least in the U.S. I can't imagine the horror people actually went through when your family members or peers can admit you without permission. 

I would just act as normal as possible. I'd be pleasant, follow directions, remain calm, all the signs they would need to realize that I had been misdiagnosed. I don't think that all doctors immediately think that patients need to be hospitalized and trust that there are some brilliant ones out there who could detect the normal people from the mentally ill.

4 hours ago, Lämmchen said:

I would just act as normal as possible. I'd be pleasant, follow directions, remain calm, all the signs they would need to realize that I had been misdiagnosed. I don't think that all doctors immediately think that patients need to be hospitalized and trust that there are some brilliant ones out there who could detect the normal people from the mentally ill.

If you think acting normal is going to work, you have another thing coming. They'd be even more suspicious of you than the legitimately insane ones - they'd try everything in their power to find just one slip-up to say that you're crazy. I did a summer job at a mental institution as a kid and I've seen them do this.

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

If you think acting normal is going to work, you have another thing coming. They'd be even more suspicious of you than the legitimately insane ones - they'd try everything in their power to find just one slip-up to say that you're crazy. I did a summer job at a mental institution as a kid and I've seen them do this.

I have had family members that were institutionalized for a while and so I'm not that crazy to trust that doctors are trying to heal patients and get them out of that place  😉   You must live in an area where there are a lot of slimey doctors who don't abide by the oath they took. Did you by chance report those doctors since you saw firsthand the treatment they gave to their patients?

On 7/10/2021 at 4:39 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

There is no getting out till you pop your pills and do therapy. They will never believe you. Those places are designed to make you fail. If you take any random person and put them in an asylum and go through their questioning and tests, 100% of the time you will be diagnosed with something and forced to get help against your will. That's why they banned the forcing of people to get admitted, at least in the U.S. I can't imagine the horror people actually went through when your family members or peers can admit you without permission. 

That's actually false. I've been forcibly warehoused several times against my will. I fought like a cornered tiger against the ones that were there to warehouse me but they still put me in them. They do nothing but make the situation worse. They offer no help. They give you a bed and food but that's absolutely it. They make you WANT to kill yourself even more than you already did. They only take people who were suicidal and put them with other suicidal people. These places need to be PERMANENTLY shut down.

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

That's actually false. I've been forcibly warehoused several times against my will. I fought like a cornered tiger against the ones that were there to warehouse me but they still put me in them. They do nothing but make the situation worse. They offer no help. They give you a bed and food but that's absolutely it. They make you WANT to kill yourself even more than you already did. They only take people who were suicidal and put them with other suicidal people. These places need to be PERMANENTLY shut down.

I agree - having worked part-time at one, I've come to the conclusion that the "crazy" patients are just used as guinea pigs to test the particular effects of a drug on them. It's of course "legal".