Register Now
killamch89

Online Shopping or Shopping in a Store?

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Shopping in a store is quicker, especially if you need something right away. But some things are only available online. So if it's not something super important, I go with online shopping.

Also if you need exact measurements to know how something fits, a store is your best option. What I like about online shopping is the ability to get stuff you don't normally have access to in your own area. Either that or it's ridiculously overpriced.

On 7/2/2021 at 6:29 AM, Empire said:

I do both, I shop online for items that you can't get at your local town store. I do get allot of things online but not as much as going into a food store. 

Also it's far cheaper to buy online regards tech then going into a tech store. 

True - computer parts are far more easily acquired online than in a store especially the specific component you're looking for.

On that note, far more tech items that you can choose and pick as the retails store only offers so much. Pickup brands that stores will never sell unless they are brands like Sony or Samsung. Won't see Xiaomi  in stores.

Stores won't sell RTX 3090s LOL - unless they already built systems

On 7/6/2021 at 6:47 AM, Empire said:

On that note, far more tech items that you can choose and pick as the retails store only offers so much. Pickup brands that stores will never sell unless they are brands like Sony or Samsung. Won't see Xiaomi  in stores.

Stores won't sell RTX 3090s LOL - unless they already built systems

Stores won't sell 3080 TIs either unless they're pre-built systems. As a matter of fact, the only RTXX 3000 series cards I've seen in any store are 3070s, 3060s and 30060 TIs. I've yet to see any version of the 3080 and up being sold in stores anymore and they're way above MSRP.

If you think about it that stores would know that they won't make money on them, so why sell and not get money much, online are far cheaper. then again at the moment if a store did sell 3070s for double the cost, people will get them right away as it's not easy to get your hands on them

There are things that I need to touch personally in a store for shopping. For clothing I definitely have to try the items on and that goes for shoes too. For most other things I can simply buy online and it arrives in a day or two.

On 7/18/2021 at 9:07 AM, Lämmchen said:

There are things that I need to touch personally in a store for shopping. For clothing I definitely have to try the items on and that goes for shoes too. For most other things I can simply buy online and it arrives in a day or two.

Agreed although I'll tend to buy clothing online if I can't get the particular item I want in my region and it's online.