Register Now
killamch89

Do You Use Password Managers

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yes security patching has been pretty quick with the Bitwarden especially. 

I'm thinking of hosting my own cloud so that I can store Bitwarden there, encrypt the cloud so that I have complete control over it at all times and I can have access to my server no matter the time.

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

Are you planning on getting VPS for this? Like getting your own VPS server and then pushing this cloud setup on it for complete control?

Either that or host my own server at home and set it up from there but also have my own VPS server as a backup in-case the local server isn't working for whatever reason.

On 7/21/2021 at 10:31 AM, skyfire said:

They seem to have decent prices too like 10 dollar a year. 

Exactly, it's actually what I found out as well and I'm very sure that it's why a lot of people are jumping into making use of Bitwarden. 

On 8/24/2021 at 4:55 PM, Heatman said:

Exactly, it's actually what I found out as well and I'm very sure that it's why a lot of people are jumping into making use of Bitwarden. 

I currently am making the transition over to Bitwarden as well as I plan to host my Password manager in a self-hosted cloud with encryption. That way, I'm always in control of my passwords.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I currently am making the transition over to Bitwarden as well as I plan to host my Password manager in a self-hosted cloud with encryption. That way, I'm always in control of my passwords.

Seriously, anything that one do to make sure that his or her sensitive passwords are protected is always welcomed because their are lots of cyber criminals out there. 

14 hours ago, Heatman said:

The best pro about Dashlane that I love so much is the digital wallet availability it comes with. 

The cons are that they're ditching the mobile app and just mainly supporting PC and webapps which absolutely suck! Why would anyone make a decision like that?

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The cons are that they're ditching the mobile app and just mainly supporting PC and webapps which absolutely suck! Why would anyone make a decision like that?

Yes, it's a part that they got it wrong for me because with that line of action, they are purposely cutting off some people which looks weird. 

On 8/27/2021 at 6:10 AM, killamch89 said:

I think the reason for ditching mobile app is because you constantly need development as each 6 months new android and new apple ios update. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think the reason for ditching mobile app is because you constantly need development as each 6 months new android and new apple ios update. 

Seriously - It's a very big challenge for most users because some wouldn't even have enjoyed their current ones well and a new one is out already. 

50 minutes ago, skyfire said:

My apps currently show weekly updates like Netflix gets updated twice per month. it's annoying. 

Welcome to what I feel with my cryptocurrency application - Binance. I just got notified yesterday about a new update and I simply ignored them.