Register Now
StaceyPowers

Does it annoy you to have to backtrack to do something in a game?

A pet peeve of mine when playing an otherwise linear section of a game is when there is one area that I can’t access until later, and then I have to backtrack to it. The completionist in me hates having to walk away from it initially. Also, I worry that I am just missing something, and will often waste so much time trying to find a way in before realizing I need to just progress (I don’t want to pass a point of no return on mistake). Does this drive anyone else here crazy?

13 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

A pet peeve of mine when playing an otherwise linear section of a game is when there is one area that I can’t access until later, and then I have to backtrack to it. The completionist in me hates having to walk away from it initially. Also, I worry that I am just missing something, and will often waste so much time trying to find a way in before realizing I need to just progress (I don’t want to pass a point of no return on mistake). Does this drive anyone else here crazy?

Personally, I don't really get pissed off about it because it's something that I do very often whenever I believe that it's very important to do so. 

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It depends on the distance for me - If it's several levels back, I'll definitely be annoyed because of how far i'd have to travel, worst if I die on the way and there was no save point near there.

Seriously, that's definitely going to be very hard one to endure because it's going to make it a lot boring task for you.