Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather have super sensitive taste buds or super sensitive hearing?

I somewhat have extremely sensitive hearing and it's the most annoying thing to be hearing the slightest sound or sounds - sometimes from miles away. It makes me extremely paranoid so I'd rather have the taste buds. Which would you pick and why?

Considering that I have an amazing sense of taste, and shit hearing, I'll go for the hearing. I often have to ask someone 5 or 6 times what they said, simply because my hearing is so bad. And with music being so important to me, I want to be able to hear it until I'm dead.

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Considering that I have an amazing sense of taste, and shit hearing, I'll go for the hearing. I often have to ask someone 5 or 6 times what they said, simply because my hearing is so bad. And with music being so important to me, I want to be able to hear it until I'm dead.

super sensitive hearing is way beyond the normal scope of just hearing music - the creaking of an engine down the road, to a can skipping down the road, imagine hearing all these chaotic sounds that you wouldn't normally notice with typical hearing?

4 hours ago, Empire said:

How sensitive are we talking? Like will I be able to taste the air like a snake? Either way I think taste would be better because I wouldn't be able to get to sleep if I could hear for miles or we. Teh againย I don't think I would want to taste the air of a public bathroom. ๐Ÿ˜›ย 

Coincidentally enough, I'm one of the few people on the planet that has to smell this way. My nasal passage doesn't pick up scents unless they are so strong that an entire city is noticing it. And even then, I would have to be right at the spot the scent is originating from. So to smell I draw in air over my tongue, and pick up aromas that way.

My body sucks.
Minds out of the gutter perverts.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

How sensitive are we talking? Like will I be able to taste the air like a snake? Either way I think taste would be better because I wouldn't be able to get to sleep if I could hear for miles or we. Teh againย I don't think I would want to taste the air of a public bathroom. ๐Ÿ˜›ย 

I'd walk around with a gas mask if that was the case and only take it off when I'm home.

On 7/27/2021 at 9:38 PM, killamch89 said:

super sensitive hearing is way beyond the normal scope of just hearing music - the creaking of an engine down the road, to a can skipping down the road, imagine hearing all these chaotic sounds that you wouldn't normally notice with typical hearing?

Ever heard of hearing protection? Ear muffs and ear plugs. Problem solved.

14 hours ago, Empire said:

But what if there is no gas masks ๐Ÿ˜›ย 

Put a paper bag over my head - problem solved. I'll also draw an angry face on it - I don't know how that will help but I'll draw it anyways...

8 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Ever heard of hearing protection? Ear muffs and ear plugs. Problem solved.

True but do you really want to wearing that all the time?

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Put a paper bag over my head - problem solved. I'll also draw an angry face on it - I don't know how that will help but I'll draw it anyways...

That sounds like you are going to kill yourself, that's going to bing no air to breath. Uuless the game holes 500 holes in it ๐Ÿ˜›ย 

On 7/30/2021 at 6:32 AM, The Blackangel said:

I do it at concerts, and for a few days after. When we had the macaw, I was forced to every day all day. So I've been there before.

Personally, I just hate wearing anything extra especially when it isn't essential...